Author Topic: Love the May Colours  (Read 1180 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Love the May Colours
« on: May 07, 2015, 15:28:09 PM »
In the garden I am enjoying the juxtaposition of the maturing Red Robin leaves and the new Wisteria racemes.

And, over the fence, the new leaves of the trees on the hillside above the lake in the park.

Offline CleopatrasAsp

• Irish by birth, Geordie by marriage!
Re: Love the May Colours
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 15:46:26 PM »
Of all the things I miss about the UK (and to be honest there's not much these days) it has to be Spring when everything is just bursting into colour. There's nothing quite like a stroll along the Cambridge Backs during Springtime and early summer.
That wisteria looks stunning Colwyn.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 15:59:57 PM »
Thanks. I inherited the Wisteria when I bought the house eight years ago. Since then I have had the garden completely restructured but insisted, whatever work was done by the landscapers, the Wisteria had to come through it. I have spent the last four years reshaping it (once it was draped over a gazebo) and this year is the first time it is looking like what I wanted to achieve.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 16:21:34 PM »
I think it's the best time in Turkey too, the same thing is happening, everything is bursting into fresh bloom. It's so pretty and for me it symbolises the end of winter and dawning of summer. We were admiring a wonderful wall of Wisteria up in Ovacik only last week. Beautiful! ;D

Offline sadler

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 18:24:14 PM »
Colwyn I just absolutely love May in UK (I was about to put "England" but would like to give a nod to our union neighbours) it is my favourite time of the year, fresh and with a promise of things to come. How very beautiful your garden looks. As we normally have departed this beautiful land for a month in Turkey this time of the year, our garden gets neglected after she has shown us her beauty in Spring, but I look forward to encouraging her to bloom again during the summer months.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf