Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2397 times)

Offline PomegranateTree

Hello
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2006, 17:54:59 PM »
Hello all.

Not correct regarding the prices of older properties in Kemer. We purchased an older, Ottoman style house in Kemer earlier this year (August 2006) for only £22.000 - internal measurements of over 150m2. It comes with 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 kitchens and a 20 metre long wooden veranda, where you can sit out and eat, read, or just look at the mountains in the distance; it also came with some land and is in an elevated spot overlooking the river and the village itself.

The house is in very good condition and just needs cosmetic refurbishments to bring everything up to western standards. We have been given quotes of around £15.000 to make it look and feel very nice. When it is finished it should be worth in the region of £100.000. An older house of this kind gives you so much more character and yet shows that you don't have to compromise on comfort in any way at all.

Once finished, we will have new electrics and plumbing, new floors, windows and doors, new kitchen and bathroom and a landscaped garden. When we were looking around to purchase in Kemer, we were also shown many other similar houses by the agants, that were available to purchase and that were similarly priced.

I would recommend this route to anyone else thinking of buying in Turkey. It gives you much more satisfaction, as you have a greater input, as to the design of the interior, and you can pretty much specify your own kitchen, bathroom, layout etc and the finished house almost triples in value once it's finished.

My advice is to go in to the estate agents, in any of the resorts in the immediate area, i.e. Fethiye, Olu Deniz, Hisaranu etc and ask inside about traditional properties, in the surrounding Turkish villages. They nearly always have some available, yet don't put them in the windows, as they seem to think that the rich westerners only want new builds - You might just get yourselves a real bargain.

One final note, Kemer if beautiful. Next to a river and in a valley, overlooked by mountains on all sides. Tlos and Saklikent Gorge are both only 20 mins away, Fethiye is 30 mins and Patara beach 35 mins away. Hope I've been of help to anyone out there.  

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
Hello
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2006, 23:36:47 PM »
With a description like that you should have open house - sounds great!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 22:50:07 PM by Twin Bee »

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Hello
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2006, 06:05:30 AM »
Hi and welcome to the Forum.  Have you had any of the conversion work done yet? :)

Offline brian1945

Hello
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2006, 09:55:57 AM »
Hi jean

I am moving to kemer in april where abouts in kemer do you live?[?]

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf