Author Topic: Airport Transfers  (Read 16427 times)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Airport Transfers
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2008, 10:24:29 AM »
Hi Bev
Who did you book through?
Anne

Offline bigfellow

Airport Transfers
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2008, 10:26:11 AM »
merhaba  Orange. sorry to hear that you have withdrawn your quote and so quickly too. thanks for in forming me with your email.

We are very sorry we will have to draw back our quote for the transfer that you enquired for.

Your new rate is £70 return. Please confirm if you like to go ahead with the booking.

i am most surprised at your actions. new season coming in, good will, etc.  being a senior member of the forum as you are,i am sure many members contributions over the years have been of benefit to you and i hope will be in the future.  when asking for a quote i did nothing underhanded. i felt that as you looked after the apartment as well it would be of mutual benefit.  the members have now had a chance to see you conducting business and can make up their own minds. i would question your inclusion of a p.s. to scunner as your gripe was with me. rather tasteless i reckon.
anyway life is short, so i wish you well for the coming season.  serefe  Bigfellow.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Airport Transfers
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2008, 10:26:49 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Orange

PS Scunner the beers are frozen...

What did I do?

I never mentioned Orange...

Offline ronzeus

Airport Transfers
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2008, 11:09:01 AM »
Come on Orange ,charge bigfellow what you quoted.

Offline bigfellow

Airport Transfers
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2008, 11:50:42 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by calvin 1949

Is that fair then!!!! first to quote and then to withdraw it?????

Tesekkur ederim, Calvin1949, told you it was a good year. :D ;)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 11:55:29 AM by bigfellow »

Offline bigfellow

Airport Transfers
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2008, 11:54:16 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

quote:
Originally posted by Orange

PS Scunner the beers are frozen...

What did I do?

I never mentioned Orange...

hi scunner. cant drink frozen beer anyway.:D ;)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 11:56:15 AM by bigfellow »

Offline Mustafa4

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2008, 12:01:27 PM »
My rate as set out in CBF Partnerships is still good for the foreseeable future. As a general point, you should look for rates set in YTL, not UK£, especially if coming later in the year when the £ is likely to be better set against the YTL.
Most firms will be putting up their rates due to fuel cost increases and general inflation in Turkey.

Mustafa

Offline batman

Airport Transfers
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2008, 16:41:44 PM »
Bigfello, think you shot yourself in the foot, transfer rates are published on most companies web sites and are not normally negotiable as there are set costs, if you arange a one off deal with Orange (no problem there),but then to discuss it on an open forum I can see why they had no option to withdraw the offer as they would have been swamped with requests and they couldn't run their service at that price for everyone.

Offline bigfellow

Airport Transfers
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2008, 17:31:39 PM »
batman: can see where your coming from, but i thought that the object of CBF as a members forum was to share info and advice with one another. now for me to pick up on a deal and say nothing, while i read other members posts looking for help is just mean,underhanded and sneaky. what orange has done is not good business practice by any means. if in the future i come across a good deal i will post it. there is no (i) in team not in my book. with over 4000 members Orange has not done himself any favours with his post. though in fairness to him ,his profile does list him as 17 years old. ah the petulance of youth.  i have since gotten a booking for 60stg all in, with no haggle ,special deals or discounts. i am the new kid on the block but have learned that the members ,in the vast majority, are decent, honourable folk, may that always be the case.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 17:40:49 PM by bigfellow »

Offline batman

Airport Transfers
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2008, 15:44:05 PM »
Bigfellow, I note you have not named the company which has given you the new deal,I am all for sharing information, this is a great site for that. I think if you have just said Orange were prepaired to be flexible with the transfer price for me that would have been enough. Anyway, I hope you have a great time whoever does your transfer.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf