Author Topic: Threads from Bar & Restaurant Owners/Staff  (Read 6981 times)

Offline sannyrut

Threads from Bar & Restaurant Owners/Staff
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 08:45:25 AM »
Agreed tribalder.

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 10:01:17 AM »
But you also must understand that we as Moderators have to look at the thread for maybe a couple of hours to decide if its only info or turning into chat when we have made our decision we lock the subject we do try to not let these threads get out of hand,
We also know most of the Guys in all the bars and we tend to have to play Devils Advocate on many occasions and what i would appreciate is members not contacting us on our email complaining and asking why we have locked said thread

thankyou
Ron

Offline Big Doug

• Not so big Doug
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 14:32:57 PM »
Better still bar & restaurant owners could post there latest discounts and offers

Before Friday please just so I know before I come out there.

Doug:P

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2007, 15:28:08 PM »
I think that Scunner's thin line between keeping in touch and blatant advertising has increased in width recently. So many threads now contain references to or photographs of the premises and it's menu that Somine Kebap seems to enjoy a privileged position on CBF. Or am I wrong? I posted a favourable comment on the premises as I did on various other restaurants and bars none of which received the level of publicity allowed to Somine Kebap. Some contributors to CBF have been smacked down very sharply when suspected of trying for free advertising. Are the rules different for Somine Kebap?

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2007, 15:34:22 PM »
Please be assured that Somine Kebap has already been warned with regard to advertising on here

thank you
Ron

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2007, 20:07:35 PM »
Am I alone in thinking the Somine Kebap threads were actually good threads they were interesting and informative that did provoke a lot of interaction between members over the last couple of days.
Yes he was promoting his bar, but he was also asking questions as to what the public wanted, and making people aware of the changes that have been and new menu additions etc.

Not the blatant just an advert posts we have seen before.

Tink

Offline sominekebap

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2007, 20:48:15 PM »
I went over the posts that were made Tink. I don't see where we crossed the line to be honest. I had a bit of a laugh and joke with members and as it was the new discussion part of the restaurant and bar forum and it was all contained in OUR thread I didn't think it would offend.

Most of the advertising comes from members requesting information ie. "please post the menu" So I do. We are cooking a whole lamb on Tuesday nights, I didn't see any harm. I really thought members would be interested to hear of new offers or special nights, that's what makes members' holidays special and why I created a new thread about cooking a whole lamb every week. It was new news and pertinent to this forum description. I am sorry if we caused any offense or broke rules as it wasn't intended.

I also participate in all the other open forums and try to help members where I have the knowledge.

Sorry guys/gals.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 20:49:25 PM by sominekebap »

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2007, 21:18:34 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerman

Am I alone in thinking the Somine Kebap threads were actually good threads they were interesting and informative that did provoke a lot of interaction between members over the last couple of days.
Yes he was promoting his bar, but he was also asking questions as to what the public wanted, and making people aware of the changes that have been and new menu additions etc.

Tink

No Tinks, I too was very surprised that such a helpful & informative contributor's post was locked :(  Don't want to fall out with Ron but, really don't understand, lots of members very happy to be kept informed & updated, good, friendly banter, 1/2 objected, post locked [?]

Offline sominekebap

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2007, 21:31:22 PM »
I think perhaps the rules need better defining because we never intended causing offense nor do we want to be known as spammers. Looking over the old thread I don't see where we crossed the line. The old post that was made that included an email contact address were never addressed until today. We live and learn.

Moreso, I thought now the restaurant forum had been split into reviews and discussion it was ok to have a banter thread in discussion that was contained within our own thread. So why is it closed. If I want to post anything what do I do? There was some nice reviews in the thread, now they are destined for the graveyard.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2007, 22:35:18 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerman

Tink

Tinx,

I think you might have missed this one then. I deleted the telephone numbers and email addys:

if there's enough interest from forum members we are thinking of holding a Lamb Feast evening where we will prepare and stuff a whole lamb which will be cooked over several hours in a clay oven and served with all trimmings.

*******(tele number)

We really are experts at this and want to provide a really good evening that members will remember.

We would need to see a minimum booking of 20 members. The cost would work out at 20 lira per person and there would be more than ample to please even Crabbit

Tuesday Night 21st August. 8:30pm.

If you are interested please add your name and party numbers. If you want more info email to*************

know Mehmet has a very loyal following in Calis having worked the seafront restaurants for many years.

We are pleased to announce that Mehmet has now joined the team at Somine Kebap.
Hello everyone on this nice forum - we are pleased to be here!

Our new restaurant opened last week and we would like to take this oppertunity invite Calis Beach members to come and see why we think we are the best

Our business is started in Eskisehir in 1984 and we are the masters at working with meat dishes; kebabs, chicken, steaks and Turkish specialities but also offer freshly made pizza and a selection of fish dishes so all will be happy. See our site here http://sominekebap.com Its just in Turkish now but we are making a new design for the Fethiye branch very soon and we will post details when finished.

Our prices are very competitive - so please come and see for yourself.... you will not be disappointed. We also do a pick-up and drop-home service at no charge.

Take-away is also available (open till late)

We do a fantastic wedding or party and can cater for 190 people.

AND we are open winter.... so hope to make some new english friends all year round.

Our phone number for pick-up service is ********** and ask for Ramazan

Customers requested it so we've done it!

From tonight you can select your own fish and have it grilled or oven-cooked to perfection.

Price: 10 YTL

*******(tele number)

*******(tele number)
We are happy to let you know we are having live music at the restaurant tomorrow evening (2 August)starting at 8:30.

*******(tele number)

Reservations are advisable. ********* (tele number)or you can email **********

Hope to see you here

I've locked this because this forum is for Bar and Restaurant Photo's and Discussions - NOT for blatant advertising. Any simlilar posts will be deleted. I've also deleted the numerous phone numbers and email addys as this is only allowed in the tradesmans section.

Stoop

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf