Author Topic: Proposed Cement Factory in Uzumlu  (Read 21244 times)

Offline Eric

Proposed Cement Factory in Uzumlu
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2007, 08:29:38 AM »
Thanks Lee, Ted and Strawberry.  Come on people, sign the petition.  There are plans and strategies being worked on and we will keep you all updated as soon as we have more info.

Eric & Fi
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 11:41:29 AM by Eric »

Offline Susan1

« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2007, 04:41:09 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by chris tippett

Strawberry, I expect will be the first of many, to not now buy in Uzumlu because of this issue, further depressing an already depressed local housing market. This brings me back to the point I first started with - the Turks need to grip this as it is they who will suffer most by this on going saga - loss of jobs accross the board as the housing market stalls.I fully accept that we can do our bit but in my view Turks will only take notice of other Turks.
I wonder what the view of the local Uzumlu 'big wigs' at the Belidyre is on this matter? They either support the local house building industry and the enormous financial benefits it brings to the local Turkish community or they support the factory. The building of the latter in all likelihood will destroy  he former.

Chris,

After reading this thread I am amazed that you are living in Turkey.

The property market in Turkey is no different to the rest of the world at the moment everything has slowed down, or don't you read the papers.

It is ok to stick your head in the sand, but why knock other people who are trying to do something about situations that can improve our lives and health.

A big thanks to Eric and Fi who are taking all the trouble to keep us updated on what the situation is.

If it does no good by getting up a petition, no problem, but at least they and others have tried, better then sitting on your backside moaning that no one will listen to you so why bother.

A Positive attitude is far better then a Negative one.

Susan

Offline hamilton

« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2007, 10:50:44 AM »
Thanks Susan our sentiments are exactly the same.
Tony & Jean
Soon to be residents of Uzumlu, wish there was more we could do.

Offline Eric

« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2007, 08:04:39 AM »
Meetings took place yesterday with the Mayor of Fethiye and the Mayor of Olu Deniz. I will let you know the outcome as soon as possible.
The owner of Cadianda homes has contacted us to offer help & support and sign the petition which is fantastic. Hope lots more do the same.
Keep signing guys and thanks.
Fi

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2007, 09:01:00 AM »
What do the locals think?  Has anyone asked them?

Offline Eric

« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2007, 09:29:20 AM »
The locals when they are told the full facts are supporting this campaign. The working party is headed by local Turks and the campaign was started by a local Turk.
The one thing we have to get over to them (after years of not being able to fight causes)is that this can be stopped and they can help stop it.
We (expats) are helping them in any way we can.
Thanks
Fi

Offline Susan1

« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2007, 08:27:58 AM »
Apart from the dust and pollution, how are they going to manage the electricity and water that they will require to run the plant, also where are all the waste products going to go.

We have enough problems in the area regarding electricity and water, without a Cement Plant using it as well.

Susan

Offline Eric

« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2007, 11:05:46 AM »
That's one of the issues we are highlighting...they have said they are going to landscape the area with grass  :o and we all know how much watering that takes and it is not the natural colour in the valley.
Fi

Offline mark swift

« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2007, 13:29:31 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Eric

That's one of the issues we are highlighting...they have said they are going to landscape the area with grass  :o and we all know how much watering that takes and it is not the natural colour in the valley.
Fi

Mark (new member)

Have signed pertition and fwd to others
rgds
mark

Offline Eric

« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2007, 14:41:38 PM »
Thanks Mark.
Might be an idea to introduce yourself on member intro section which is the normal way before posting but thanks for signing.
Fi

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf