Author Topic: Gemiler Beach  (Read 4330 times)

Offline duffy2

Gemiler Beach
« on: September 03, 2007, 03:33:21 AM »
This is the Belidye side of the beach.

Duffy2 :D:D

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Gemiler Beach
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 07:37:02 AM »
Can we have directions please?

Offline duffy2

Gemiler Beach
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 09:44:49 AM »
If you approach KayaKoy from Hisoranu, go right through the village, on the way out you will see a junction on your left, there is a stone pillar that used to have a clock on it. Turn off there and pass by a couple of shops on the right and follow the road. It is the only one in and out of the beach area. Be careful as it is narrow in parts and has some deep drop-offs. If your travelling over the mountain from Fethiye the junction will be on the right, at the beginning of the village, of course.

Oh yes, watch out for the roadside fruit sellers, some of them have a death wish!!!

Enjoy.

Duffy2

Offline tonysue

Gemiler Beach
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 11:41:13 AM »
Is this the beach I saw thru my binoculars from a boat heading back into Olu deniz? It was to the right.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Gemiler Beach
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 12:13:09 PM »
Have they sorted out the pricing at the beach bar yet or is it still a little 'suspect' ?    :o

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Gemiler Beach
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 14:52:47 PM »
Tonysue,

No Gemiler Beach is to the left of Olu Deniz and sits behind St Nicholas Island if viewed from a boat approaching the coast.

You were probably looking at Kidrak Beach, with Lykia World being further to the right.

Offline Firo

Gemiler Beach
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 16:36:33 PM »
Prices are very suspect.  Went there yesterday, no prices on the cafe boards.  Were charged 72ytl for 2 x Lamb Shish, 1 x Chicken Shish, 4 Cola's and 1 chips.  Bit pricy me thinks.

Eric

Offline duffy2

Gemiler Beach
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 16:39:22 PM »
Pookie,

At 2.5 YTL for a Large Efes, I think it is ok, even a "Duble Raki was only 5 YTL compared to 7-8 YTL in Paspatur. So, yes, the Kaya Belideye have got their prices right, after all, they are catering to mostly Turkish customers.

Duff2  :-)  :-)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Gemiler Beach
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 07:48:04 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by duffy2

Pookie,

At 2.5 YTL for a Large Efes, I think it is ok, even a "Duble Raki was only 5 YTL compared to 7-8 YTL in Paspatur. So, yes, the Kaya Belideye have got their prices right, after all, they are catering to mostly Turkish customers.

Duff2  :-)  :-)

Duffy2 - you shock me  :o  a large efes and a double raki ? Thank god I don't pick up your bar bill : :) ;)  

Offline duffy2

Gemiler Beach
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 18:57:11 PM »
Pookie,

This time I still had enough Duty Frees not to have to buy local alchofrolics, but if I had to, their tarriff didn't seem too bad.

Oh yes, I never drink alchohol before the sun sets over what I always called the  "Yardarm", which I always believed  coincided with sunset.

Now it seems that in the British Navy, it means anytime after midday. (I do not intend to change my habits!!) Any nautifolks care to comment on that??

Duffy2 :D :D :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf