Author Topic: Thieving b------ds  (Read 4588 times)

Offline PAuborn

• Petts Wood, Kent, UK
« on: September 07, 2007, 21:28:01 PM »
The thieving sods are back, breaking into our friends apartment one night when they were asleep,not happy with what they got they came back the next night took the safe with all their money and passports in.now they cant wait to come home after only three days.
The b------ds also done two other apartments on our complex,one apartment is owned by a turkish familey so its not just the brits.
Sorry to be the bringer of bad news again,just trying to remined everyone to take precautions and get some grills fitted,and maybe they will p---off back to were they come from,the dirt bags.

Pete (now living in fortcalis).

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Thieving b------ds
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 21:34:36 PM »
sorry to hear this Pete.  Seems it's going to be the norm now:(
Which complex was this?

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
Thieving b------ds
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 22:22:33 PM »
I know it`s "after the horse has bolted & all that"
But the safe should have been bolted to the floor.

Crabbit

Offline PAuborn

• Petts Wood, Kent, UK
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 09:37:45 AM »
Hi Anne.
This was on forest valley apts near the big old peoples home,
built last year,there should be 24 hour security but its not in place as yet.
Crabbit i agree the safe should have been bolted down wev got ours done when we
bought it,but they were up the wall with just furnishing and dont think they got round
to it hope this is a warning to others look after your property or you will get done.
Be safe. Pete.

Offline Strawberry

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 09:55:59 AM »
There seems to be a big burglary problem out there.  Do you think the burglars mainly target British-owned properties?  How do they break-in? Do they smash a window, or force a door?  

I've never had that problem (probably because my place is more traditional looking and I have a large Turkish family living next door) but I know burglary is rife out there; especially towards the end of the season when the workers all go home.  What I find particularly frightening is that they break-in whilst the owners are asleep - and I've heard they use a gas (or drugs) to keep them asleep! It's terrifying!

Strawberry

Offline skipking

Thieving b------ds
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 10:11:46 AM »
We have also had an attempted breakin at the beginning of the season and to be honest i think we were too over confident that it wouldnt happen to us.kept putting off having the iron grills etc done thought it wouldnt happen to us? But we have had them fitted now and window locks, touch wood nothing has happened since. The window locks can be picked up for approx 15 lira in fethiye at the lock smiths by the fire station, you would probably need 2 for each window and  door.

Offline Cennet

Thieving b------ds
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 12:44:39 PM »
Sorry to hear about that Pete.
See my earlier posting about a burglar alarm. Its gave us peace of mind.

Offline pigeon

Thieving b------ds
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 18:37:05 PM »
Our safe is fitted to the wall by bolts inside a wall unit.So hope that will put the buggers off [:(!]

Offline mike4carol

Thieving b------ds
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 19:52:35 PM »
Hi i am a new member, not quite sure how to use the forum yet, we were one of the ones broken into at Forest valley, just to let you know the safe was bolted in, we were asleep (after a good night)! didn't hear a thing.  do not feel the same about the place, feel quite panicky and frightened, there should have been 24 hour security as promised but was not finished, know this could have still happened, but it is very dark up there, no street lights and minimal complex lights.  Seven Hills have not acted quickly enough to put the security in place they should have done 1 year ago. meant to be going back with friends in 3 weeks, but not sure if i can face the place again.  It has freaked me out knowing we were asleep.  five break ins on this small complex in the last few months!

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Thieving b------ds
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2007, 22:38:17 PM »
Hi Mike4carol
I had to respond to your post, we too bought a property in May in Calis and the day we were meant to move in (we didnt cos we stayed with my cousin who lives in Calis)and our neighbours moved in that same day, they got burgled that very night, I felt so sorry for them  but on the other hand so relieved it was not us it had happened to.
I suffer with an acute anxiety problem and part of the reason we bought our property was to help me with this problem, I too felt the same way as you did I wanted to go home straight away and my dream home in the sun was now ruined, then I decided the burglars were not gong to beat me, so I had grlls installed on all my windows and doors and then instantly felt so much safer.
Dont let these low life people win get some grills installed on your property and start out with a renewed sense of security, hopefully then you can once again enjoy all the wonderful things Turkey has to offer.
Good luck.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf