Author Topic: Thieving b------ds  (Read 4587 times)

Offline miaspyro

Thieving b------ds
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2007, 05:19:25 AM »
Please don't be afraid to come back to your home because of what has happened.  I know it is very difficult, and frightening, but there are ways to beat them.  Have grills installed that is the first thing, have window and door locks fitted there are links on the forum regarding good locksmiths, alarms can now be fitted which will alert you in the UK if there is a problem, fit simple devices which sound an alarm if the circuit is broken on all doors and windows, you can buy them in the pound shops in UK (when turned on and a door or window is opened the circuit is broken and an alarm sounds) it should wake you up, and scare off any would-be intruder.

As with anything there is always the exception, but on the whole no person was harmed physically, or damage done to property just because it could be, i believe this would not be the case in the UK, and i am sure without further description you all know what i mean.  Crime is minimal here, and remember the forum is a place where people write items as warnings helpful advice etc, have a read through and see all the good experiences that members have, and you will see that the good far out-ways the bad, so don't let the scumbags win do everything you can to make yourselves safe, go down to Calis, sit on the beach and watch the sun set, relax, and enjoy your home in the sun.  regards Mia

Offline steve49

Thieving b------ds
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2007, 09:13:39 AM »
Whats the law in Turkey, if you shot dead a burglar. Steve
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 17:24:43 PM by steve49 »

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Thieving b------ds
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2007, 09:22:08 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by steve49

Whats the law in Turkey, if you shot dead a burglar protecting your property. Steve

You are not seriously expecting an answer on an open forum, are you?..lol

it is a bit like asking someone openly how to commit the perfect untraceable murder.

Offline mike4carol

Thieving b------ds
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2007, 11:43:10 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by DerekandKaren

Hi Mike4carol
I had to respond to your post, we too bought a property in May in Calis and the day we were meant to move in (we didnt cos we stayed with my cousin who lives in Calis)and our neighbours moved in that same day, they got burgled that very night, I felt so sorry for them  but on the other hand so relieved it was not us it had happened to.
I suffer with an acute anxiety problem and part of the reason we bought our property was to help me with this problem, I too felt the same way as you did I wanted to go home straight away and my dream home in the sun was now ruined, then I decided the burglars were not gong to beat me, so I had grlls installed on all my windows and doors and then instantly felt so much safer.
Dont let these low life people win get some grills installed on your property and start out with a renewed sense of security, hopefully then you can once again enjoy all the wonderful things Turkey has to offer.
Good luck.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Thieving b------ds
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2007, 15:56:57 PM »

quote:
quote:Originally posted by steve49

Whats the law in Turkey, if you shot dead a burglar protecting your property. Steve

Why would anyone wish to shoot dead a burglar who is "protecting your property"?  :o:P:D: :)
Gordy.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 19:20:26 PM by GordonA »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Thieving b------ds
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2007, 20:34:10 PM »
The law in Turkey is similar to the UK (sadly).

You can use justifiable force to protect yourself and/or restrain the burglar if possible until the police arrive. The Chief of Police also told me that they would be very grateful if any British people managed to restrain such an intruder until they arrive and arrest.

You can't shoot them dead, and you can't beat the hell out of them - that is the police's job and you haven't got a work permit  ;)

Offline steve49

Thieving b------ds
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2007, 06:11:26 AM »
Thanks Keith for a sensible answer to my question. What is the number of the local police station. Other numbers could be quite useful like fire station, ambulance etc etc. Steve
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 07:10:16 AM by steve49 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf