Author Topic: onur airline  (Read 3885 times)

Offline booo

onur airline
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 11:07:25 AM »
The same post is on this forum too
{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}17440&Banner=10
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 11:11:49 AM by booo »

Offline glennat

onur airline
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 14:20:43 PM »
Dropping a few thousand feet is not unique to Onur.  It can happen anywhere and on any airline.  Many years ago I was on a flight to (er...now then...er...can't remember!) when the seat-belt sign came on - as it does.  We all did as we were told, whilst sipping our wine/beer/G&Ts.  Then whoosh! The plane dropped away from under us and for a few seconds I was pinned to my seat-belt!  The plane dropped and dropped again...then steadied....then dropped again.  All of the cups and trays went everywhere as did blankets, magazines and the odd set of dentures!
If I recall correctly, the pilot said we had dropped a total of 1000ft.
And what a roller-coaster ride it was.

As you can imagine, we all clapped when the plane landed; mostly out of relief, but I was hoping for another go (I was about 18yrs old at the time).

Glen

Offline Shamless2

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 17:16:53 PM »
Do you know the feeling when you wish you never opened a post?? Well I have just had that feeling![xx(] We are flying out to Calis in a few hours, with Onur Air :D, We have travelled with them many times in the past, and have only hit minor turbulance on 2 occasions, what with him in doors watching 9/11 last night, and really cheering me up because we fly on 9/11.
Well anyway, god willing see you in Scarlett tomorrow.[:X]

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
onur airline
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2007, 17:37:04 PM »
went out with onur on the 7th and had a delay of 2hrs not onurs fault liverpool jl airports
the plane was falling apart my armrest and another passengers fell off, the light and air control above us came down, one over head luggage door would not shut,staff came along with some tape and hey presto fixed it all and that was in our area
said to my friend hope the engines don't go there is not much sellatape left

Offline clair

• Uttoxeter, UK
onur airline
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2007, 19:34:08 PM »
well thats reassuring to know fly out with them on sunday:D

Offline amanda bullock

onur airline
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2007, 15:35:35 PM »
flown a few times with them,it was all fine.

Offline tan n dame

• Leeds, UK
onur airline
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2007, 13:00:42 PM »
used onur air this time and prior to going read the thread about the plane dropping etc and was bricking it before we went,but have to say going out and coming back today the flights were really good :)

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
onur airline
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2007, 23:02:24 PM »
Thanks for that Tania and Damian. It's nice to hear as we fly with them on 7th October and have booked 3 trips with them in 2008.
Thanks again
Ken & Sue  8)

Offline ginny.geofftaylor

onur airline
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2007, 08:56:48 AM »
we flew with Onur air in July and August, from Manchester and East Mids - had a 1 hr delay in August otherwise everything was Ok and no problems with the aircraft.  We are flying with them again on 14 October from East Mids and have two flights booked for 2008 from Manchester - so fingers crossed.  Our friends were due to fly with them from Birmingham on 10th November but have been advised that these flights have been cancelled due to lack of bookings  and have been ofered flights from Manchester.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf