Author Topic: Where are you from in UK?  (Read 9435 times)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Where are you from in UK?
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2008, 22:46:52 PM »
:DNor me. ;)

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2008, 00:13:30 AM »
Whoops Margaret, I must apologise but please tell me where does the "one bigoted little Englander too many" come from. It certainly does not sound like the you I remember.
Cheers
Ken :D:D

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2008, 00:24:50 AM »
The best thing about living in the north is that it keeps you lot away from the south ;) ;):D

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2008, 10:56:20 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by laffa

:DNor me. ;)

Why would YOU apologise to yourself Moe?  :D

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2008, 10:58:32 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn66

I am sorry that we seem to be taking this very seriously!I am sure that JukeBox,Stoop et al from Yorkshire didn't take anything I said seriosly,it was only meant in a light-hearted way and if I have upset anyone,it was not my intention and I apologise.

Glenn

Aww shurrup yer daft'n   ;)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2008, 11:17:28 AM »
Well I am afraid I have to come in here on behalf of our comrades in Yorshire, Merseyside etc.

It is tradition to leave newly born babies on the back door step (for Southerners that's at the rear of the residence close to the ginnel) all night on day they are born to ensure they are "tough" enough to survive thereafter.
(something that started in Barnsley in 500 BC and was then adopted by the rest of the North of England in 400BC before the Spartans tried it 100 years later!)

Most of our problems in life for the past 2 or 3 centuries have been caused by "us" having to work too hard to keep the softy southerners comfortable so they can shop all week at Harrods and Waitrose!

Traditionally we make it Up North and you lot spend it for us!

So go on apologise a little bit more - in fact we want compensation!
Ian  ;)

Offline Glenn66

« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2008, 13:37:56 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Well I am afraid I have to come in here on behalf of our comrades in Yorshire, Merseyside etc.

It is tradition to leave newly born babies on the back door step (for Southerners that's at the rear of the residence close to the ginnel) all night on day they are born to ensure they are "tough" enough to survive thereafter.
(something that started in Barnsley in 500 BC and was then adopted by the rest of the North of England in 400BC before the Spartans tried it 100 years later!)

Most of our problems in life for the past 2 or 3 centuries have been caused by "us" having to work too hard to keep the softy southerners comfortable so they can shop all week at Harrods and Waitrose!

Traditionally we make it Up North and you lot spend it for us!

So go on apologise a little bit more - in fact we want compensation!
Ian  ;)

In which case I would be compensating myself as I am a born and bred Lancastrian 8),still living in Lancashire.
I am only just finding my feet here at the CBF,from what I have seen so far,I like it and didn't want to offend anyone by going over the top.Now I am begining to "sus" your personalities out,it will be easier to know how far to go "leg-pulling".
This obviously doesn't apply to anyone from Yorkshire,as they are too thick skinned to understand anything in the above two paragraphs.:D

Glenn :)

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2008, 13:43:19 PM »
Thanks for the history lesson and thanks from the bottom of our hearts for keeping us southerners in the luxury we deserve

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2008, 13:43:22 PM »
Glenn - I don't disagree - my comments were aimed at Scunner and his fellow Southerners - he will have to scratch his head for a long time to tell us what the Manufacturing Industry in Leighton Buzzard is famous for - possibly designer shoes (not anything useful like cloggs) up the road in Northampton.

As regards our "cousins" in Yorkshire - I think it is the inter-breeding that makes them the way they are - I mean how else to you explain Geoff Boycott - harmless enough - just opinionated!

Ian  :)

Offline Glenn66

« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2008, 13:51:23 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Glenn - I don't disagree - my comments were aimed at Scunner and his fellow Southerners - he will have to scratch his head for a long time to tell us what the Manufacturing Industry in Leighton Buzzard is famous for - possibly designer shoes (not anything useful like cloggs) up the road in Northampton.

As regards our "cousins" in Yorkshire - I think it is the inter-breeding that makes them the way they are - I mean how else to you explain Geoff Boycott - harmless enough - just opinionated!

Ian  :)

Ian you cannot "explain" Geoff Boycott....you can only apologise,for Geoff Boycott.: :):D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf