Author Topic: Cement Factory Urgent help required  (Read 20761 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Cement Factory Urgent help required
« Reply #120 on: March 04, 2008, 16:03:14 PM »
This thread has gone on eight pages too long, you have completely lost sight of the real battle on which this thread was based,
THE CEMENT FACTORY BEING BUILT, if the builders stopped building and the Estae Agents stopped selling in Uzumlu that will only give more reason for the factory to be built there.
Your fight is with the authorities who are going to give the ok for it to be built, no one else.

Tinx

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #121 on: March 04, 2008, 16:29:02 PM »
The title of this thread is: "Cement Factory Urgent help required"

I'm getting a bit sick of all the sniping and arguments that seem to be endless at the moment.

Let's get back to the original topic and if anyone cannot help or does not want to help I suggest they refrain from posting.

I also suggest that the people it affects most - Uzumlu residents - give up on their quest to get the builders and estate agents on their side. It's not going to happen and we are going round in circles arguing about it! My advice - concentrate on the things you can do and forget that one.

Now please - less arguing and more contructive help if possible.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 16:29:29 PM by stoop »

Offline mikew

« Reply #122 on: March 04, 2008, 19:57:47 PM »
If Urantus are determined to build a plant then you should be looking at alternative sites, Its worked on numerous occasions in the UK over the past 20 years or so & theres no reason why it can't work in Turkey.In addition if the local mayors can work together then a golf course could be established in the valley bottom which in turn would mean more local jobs, Kudos for the mayors & rising house prices. Thats what everyone wants. Believe me there are golf course developers out there! Start thinking laterally-----  (still no paragraphs Mr S ps hope you all had a good flight back)

Offline saoirse

« Reply #123 on: March 04, 2008, 20:00:52 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by mikew

If Urantus are determined to build a plant then you should be looking at alternative sites, Its worked on numerous occasions in the UK over the past 20 years or so & theres no reason why it can't work in Turkey.In addition if the local mayors can work together then a golf course could be established in the valley bottom which in turn would mean more local jobs, Kudos for the mayors & rising house prices. Thats what everyone wants. Believe me there are golf course developers out there! Start thinking laterally-----  (still no paragraphs Mr S ps hope you all had a good flight back)

The valley bottom is essentially a bog/swamp!
Underwater golf!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 20:01:24 PM by saoirse »

Offline mikew

« Reply #124 on: March 04, 2008, 20:14:35 PM »
I know it is at the moment but not necessarily after its been reworked. Not all of the land is boggy either, I've walked it often enough with inerested parties.

Offline elaina

« Reply #125 on: March 04, 2008, 22:14:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by mikew

Yes I agree - a golf course wuld be a great idea - it would bring prosperity to the area and jobs for the locals.  It would see the land used in an alternative and less damaging way.  If only the local council could see the potential in Uzumlu I am sure they would reconsider the destruction of it with a cement factory.  Yes, I know the village has changed from what it was but it is progress and it has brought many advantages to the locals who have welcomed us foreigners to live alongside them.  The village and valley are still picturesque and charming and i am sure with the right kind of planning the area could prosper without the addition of a cement factory and its associated problems.  Yes, Urantas can have their factory but not here - there are less populated areas not too far from fethiye where it could be built.  Hisaronu and Ovacik have now been over developed - Uzumlu has potential - we cannot let them spoil it.  I can see it now - the Turkish Open in Uzumlu!!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 22:34:09 PM by elaina »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #126 on: March 05, 2008, 12:54:09 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by chris tippett

Scunner, how are we going to know what builders/estate agents are telling or not telling individuals thinking of buying property in Uzumlu.

How are you going to know when they ARE telling them - it's the same point as you are making, only not the one you want to discuss.

quote:
Even if we did know that potential customers were being lied to what can anybody do here - direct them to Trading Standards, the local Builders Federation, the Association of Estate Agents!! Get real, no one here has any rights. Builders and Estate Agents have a licence to do as they please. There is no comeback. I know, as does everybody else here, a load of tales of builders/estate agents ripping off their customers. It is on this basis that it is probable builders/estate agents are likely to be 'economical with the truth' about the cement factory. But, of course, you will be shocked to hear this.

I'm shocked when I hear anything that you say Chris, but that's another story.

Yes, I know better than most of tales of agents ripping people off, and of them being economical with the truth. There is a 'comeback' for those affected, called going to court. Not fast and best avoided, but to say that agents are above the law and can do "anything they want" is entirely untrue.

Far better than avenues to follow when things go wrong, people should do their research PRIOR to purchasing. Not all agents will give all the information, possibly deliberately. If I was spending over £100,000 I would find out everything I could MYSELF too - I would ask all relevant questions when viewing with the agent, but I would already have armed myself with all the information I could find first. If I was buying an old Citroen 2CV and the salesman told me it could do 200 mph, I would test drive it, research it and find out for myself.

As for being "sensitive", yes I am - because certain contributors to this topic do not LISTEN. The accusation was made that agents don't tell potential customers that there are plans for a cement factory locally. I replied saying that we do (Turkey Property Centre, not agents as an entire sector). One of our developers, a UK lawyer replied that they do. Still the replies claim that agents and developers do not inform their customers of this proposal. What can I (or any other agent/developer) say to get you to drop this sweeping accusation?

When I first bought in this area there was no Calis Beach Website. I found out as much as I could (which at that time wasn't a lot) before I came out throwing money around. I came back and decided such a facility/resource would be helpful and I did it.

The main points are that agents/developers SHOULD mention it, some (I still believe most) DO, and if you bought from one that DIDN'T then you didn't do your research and ultimately the situation you will find yourself in is one that you must take some responsibility for. There are 165,000 different posts on this website alone. All the clues are here if you choose to put in a little bit of effort finding out about the place you are planning to invest in.

Offline voyageur

« Reply #127 on: March 05, 2008, 12:54:51 PM »
It may be of interest that the whole population aged 13 & upwards of Incirkoy have sent in a petition against the proposed cement factory. I sincerely hope that this will work. At last the Turkish people are waking up to the facts of the dangers of this project.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 14:43:44 PM by voyageur »

Offline peecee

« Reply #128 on: March 05, 2008, 17:00:02 PM »
Thank you, Voyageur, that is good to know. It stays on the topic instead of two people, who obviously don't like each other, sticking knives in. Perhaps Uzumlu and the other villages could get up similar petitions?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #129 on: March 05, 2008, 17:06:30 PM »
My reply was on topic and stuck knives into nobody. Please try to stick to the facts.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf