Author Topic: Boat trips  (Read 16571 times)

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
Boat trips
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2008, 14:58:41 PM »
See Joseph of Joseph's Bar.
He will organise a boat trip using a young boatman(Ilya)from the water taxi station.
You can make up your own group or he will arrange one made up of his customers.
A maximum of 12 passengers,always a good mix of people and great fresh food.
Ilya speaks English.

Offline Edina

Boat trips
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2008, 22:00:22 PM »
We have been on boat trips from Fethiye and Calis.  Last year we made up a party of 10 people and used one of the boats in Calis (Think the owner's name was Erkan or something like that).  The food was fantastic, company was great and we stopped off at the usual places, for pancakes, swimming, mooching around a little island, found a little place that had its own mud to daub on body (similar to Dalyan mud bath), hosed down, had afternoon tea on boat too (as well as lunch).  It was a fantastic day.  Started at 9.15am and finished at 6.30pm.  Cost £10 per head but be careful what you drink as this can bump the price up.  I think it ended up being about £20 per head, although I would still say it was worth every penny.  Looking forward to doing it again this year - but don't think we will use Fethiye trips from now on - I think we have been spoiled!!  Edina x

Offline Jenny1

Boat trips
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2008, 22:42:35 PM »
Hi Kenkay, I see you live in Radcliffe? Thats just down the road from me, I live near Newbank garden centre, it's a small world!  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Boat trips
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2008, 22:57:21 PM »
He lives IN Newbank Garden Centre, with his little hat and fishing rod

Offline amanda bullock

Boat trips
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2008, 07:16:18 AM »
we did a boat trip last week but we went on one of the big boats from Fethiye.Fulya 9.(the kids love the water slide)£8 each for the day.food lovely.no loud music.Great day out.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Boat trips
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2008, 22:41:11 PM »
Hi Jenny :D, Small world indeed. I take it Newbank is the one on Bury Rd near Wharf. Do you also have a place in Calis.[?]
Cheers
Ken (&Sue):D
p.s. Still trying to think of a suitable reply for you Keith  8) 8)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 22:42:54 PM by kenkay »

Offline Jenny1

Boat trips
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2008, 23:05:45 PM »
Hi Ken & Sue, unfortunately I don't have a place in Calis, I wish!
I have been twice in the past and am staying at Pelin for a week on my own from 4th July and cannot wait!!

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Boat trips
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2008, 23:34:48 PM »
Jenny
Are you flying with Aegean at 11:00 (OHY380)[?]
I am :D
Ken :D

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Boat trips
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2008, 21:33:02 PM »
On the recommendations from this forum, we went out with Jerry 10 days ago. There were 21 of us, it cost £10 per adult and £5 per child.  We had a fantastic day. The boat (Dejavue) was just right - plenty of shade, but plenty of sunbathing room also.  His wife started working in the kitchen as soon as we boarded, and worked solidly until around 1pm, when she then produced by far the best lunch we have ever had  on a boat (I would post a picture of the food, but dont know how to!)
There were at least 11 salad style dishes, a huge dish of chicken and one of kebabs. He also cooked the fish we had caught.  Prior to the meal, we were offered garlic bread (the garlic butter had chilli in it and was delicious) and for afternoon tea, chocolate cake.
Jerry was attentive to us all for the whole day - he took time to chat with the children, learn our names and helped the kids to fish. He was informative and willing to do whatever we wanted to do.  He also had a thorough price list pinned up which meant we knew exactly what we were paying as we went along. We could not fault our day, which lasted from 10 am until 6 pm. We would certainly recommend Jerry, and will be booking him again for August.

Offline amanda bullock

Boat trips
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2008, 22:13:02 PM »
does he go from Fethiye harbour Sue?it sounds really good.tha kids would love to fish.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf