Author Topic: Wine  (Read 4441 times)

Offline lmaddy

Wine
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 09:22:08 AM »
Angora for both red & white. Kavak  or Kalvadaire for white, both quite drinkable.
Larry & i are big wine drinkers over & above anything else - we manage perfectly well out in Turkey.
It's not the best in the world but quite drinkable.

LOrraine
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 09:22:36 AM by lmaddy »

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
Wine
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 09:31:02 AM »
I bought a bottle of red whine in Uzumlu and took it to friends in Kas to have with dinner,
on tasting it my friend asked where I had got it from , when I told him he said mmmmm, it doesn't travel well.  8)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Wine
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 10:11:29 AM »
Mike  -  I totally agree !  some of the village wine is rather 'rustic' (!) Its probably what the villagers run the tractors on !!

Offline incir

Wine
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 10:51:40 AM »
I've done lots of research over the years and it's very difficult to find a decent glass of wine in Turkey! Tried one a few weeks back (a red) and it wasn't too bad.  Modern looking bottle, called 'Cumartesi'.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Wine
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 11:20:44 AM »
Are you young and trendy then Incir?

Cumartesi (Saturday in English), a sub-brand of one of the biggest wine labels in Turkey, Kayra, is available in red, white and rose and targets youth with its elegantly simple and trendy bottles.
Turkish Daily News

Offline incir

Wine
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 12:46:05 PM »
Lol!  Not been that for a long while:D

Offline amanda bullock

Wine
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 14:08:41 PM »
Thats a hell of a surname Incir?We have a friend called Turgut,lives in Tasyaka.

Offline incir

Wine
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 14:49:54 PM »
Yep, our poor daughter when she was five & trying to spell it....

Offline neesie1171

Wine
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 15:52:20 PM »
Hi there, for red wine my hubby is rather partial to a glass or two of Buzbag or Yakut.  For white is has to be Cankaya.  But he also likes the Angora white and red.  For Rose we prefer the Kavalkidere Rose Lal.

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Wine
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 17:13:06 PM »
I think there is one called Rosata (or something like that) which we discovered during wine tasting at the Levissi Winehouse. Its lovely. For white, we stick with the Kavak (drinkable) but to be honest, why not make the most of the extra 5 kilos of weight allowance with Aegean and take your own box? I am very partial to an ice cold sauvignon blanc and am very partial to zinfandel or pinot grigio blush , which I can pick up for £12 at Asda (ENGLISH ASDA!!) for a 3 lirtre box. In fact, last year I took two boxes. It sits in your fridge, stays cold all holiday, eliminates the need to hawk bottles from the supermarket, and you know what your drinking!! I now have all my friends doing it too!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf