Author Topic: More Uzumlu stuff  (Read 9907 times)

Offline lmaddy

More Uzumlu stuff
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2008, 17:21:26 PM »
How far up is it - it was bad enough in a car not sure I would walk it even if I was a champion hill walker - did I take the wrong turning?

Offline calvin 1949

More Uzumlu stuff
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2008, 17:27:33 PM »
7 killometers by car  but about 1 hour by foot straight up the "HILL"  suggest that you only walk it when the weather is cooler, if you ask in the Wine House they will point you in the right direction Calvin

Offline peecee

More Uzumlu stuff
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2008, 19:17:39 PM »
I love this forum and the gossip, 'quips' that go with it!  Mustafa is opening a second Cadianda (good for him!!)
Cadianda is a fabulous walk in Autumn/winter (Calvin, are dogs welcome on your excursions?)
The Wine Bar is over-rated and expensive.
Uzumlu is beautiful, just wish I knew how to add photos, have some great ones of the snow.

Offline emmast

« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2008, 21:26:45 PM »
Mustafa told us in June that the new restaurent he was opening was going to be run by his cousin. Thrilled to bits about this. Mustafa is without doubt the best place to eat in Uzumlu in my opinion.

Offline calvin 1949

More Uzumlu stuff
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2008, 00:34:58 AM »
hi peecee ask kay koya old boy he will up load pickies  for you if you talk to him nicely , as for dogs  you will need to ask the rest on the walks,  not organised by myself, only highlight on the forum Regards Calvin

Offline friar tuck

More Uzumlu stuff
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2008, 11:05:43 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by saoirse

Scunner

Could you please FORCE people to write more stuff about our wee place, Uzumlu. Theres not many posts about us. Could you make it a condition that posters for all other subjects must also post about Uzumlu.
The last thing I wanna do is take this to Strasborg re discrimination against Uzumluites.

What do you want Üzümlü to become another Calis lets keep quiet about our beautiful village !

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
More Uzumlu stuff
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2008, 10:56:40 AM »
Hey Jen  -  we've you been ??!! You've been very quiet - very unlike you  ;):D  Have to say I agree totally with you.  Went to the Camlik and had the worst meal ever and vowed never to go again, have only been disappointed by Wine House once - but now they have a new chef we are looking forward to going again.  Uzum Han was dire last summer, inconsistent ( solid chips, congealed sauce etc) and quite expensive for what we got.  Never tried Mustafa's so can't comment....but sod it, if it saves cooking I'll try anywhere !!! ;)  Hope to see you (and defo Levi) next week xxxx

Offline Orange

More Uzumlu stuff
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2008, 11:19:06 AM »
After a sofa delivery at Uzumlu, we called in to Mustafa s and had some beer and pide...

He told us the restaurant will be up and running next week or so... and he will be moving out of the old one in 2 months of time, because the landlord wants him to move out....

Good luck to him & the team in his new spot..

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2008, 16:46:22 PM »
Ate in the 'new' musti's last night. Food same good standard but were not offered seat outside. Only one other table occupied and room too big with little atmosphere. Suggest Musti 1 for the summer and Musti 2 for the winter.

Offline peecee

More Uzumlu stuff
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2008, 17:29:21 PM »
Unfortunately, Chris, I don't think there is going to be a Mustafa 1 in few months.  Speaking to him this afternoon and I think he said it will be closing sonra.  Have to admit did wonder about the overheads of running 2 places.  It is, in effect, going to be the same amount of customers (give or take) and we can't be in 2 places at once.  Mind you, could be I've got it all wrong, my Turkish isn't up to much

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf