Author Topic: Questions and Answers  (Read 7506 times)

Offline fletch

Questions and Answers
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2008, 15:59:37 PM »
That Monkey is a German spy, Lets hang it!!  :o :-\

Offline BabaYard

Questions and Answers
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2008, 16:04:02 PM »
too scared to detail the story, in case I get it wrong and get hung (like a monkey... Er, I mean like the monkey)  ;):D

You tell it. Much better coming from a geordie lad.

Offline tonysue

Questions and Answers
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2008, 16:55:00 PM »
Thought it was a french monkey:D[xx(]

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
Questions and Answers
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2008, 17:15:13 PM »
I've heard of hung like a horse, never hung like a monkey, lol. Alan

Offline xxbilleigh-joxx

Questions and Answers
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2008, 20:18:16 PM »
trust you to lower the tone number2!!

Offline geordieboy

Questions and Answers
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2008, 08:43:48 AM »
Right,are you all sitting comfortably?,then I'll begin.
At the outbreak of the Napoleonic wars several french ships were impounded,seized at West Hartlepool.In the course of events a monkey from one of the ships escaped,purportedly dressed in some sort of uniform,the dockies hunted the monkey down and captured it.
They convened a peoples court,pronounced it guilty of being a French spy,sentanced it to death,and hanged it from a lamp post.
That is the gist of the story,whether there is any substance to the story I do'nt know,all I know is if you meet anybody from there you make the comment''thats where they hung the monkey'',then duck, :),
I should imagine there's a strong element of truth in the story as they're a silly lot of buggers from there.:D:P.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Questions and Answers
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2008, 09:07:18 AM »
And me

quote:
Originally posted by Crabbit

Only if you send Scunner a photo of yourself.  

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Questions and Answers
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2008, 09:28:28 AM »
lindacarl of course im still posting im a bit long in the tooth to let words bother me ,anyway you didn't hear what i called myself when i spotted my currant bun mistake ,but thats made me famous now every day i spot dozens of mistakes and usually its just wrong key pushed.cbf has helped me lots of times and i hope i might have helped a few people ,especially those with P.C.problems he he.
I think most replies are light hearted some people take it the wrong way, also if you cant take it dont give it.

lance [:o)]    

quote:
Originally posted by lindacarl

I haven't seen much or any of that happening here.
All I can remember of spelling mistakes is Lances question on currant rate - & I believe Scunner was 1st to post on that. LOL  I believe Lance is still posting.
I do remember the days of Brummyboy though when his spelling mistakes were legendary & very often added to the fun - we laughed with him NOT at him. It certainly didn't stop him posting.
Tell them to come back on & get over it - we've all been subject to bloomers with spelling at some time.
We've had dyslexics come on here & haven't made fun of them. Just tell them to chill out Joan - I'm sure whatever was said was not said with malice. Except if you got the odd strange person - as we often do, on here.

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
Questions and Answers
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2008, 09:59:31 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by lance

lindacarl of course im still posting im a bit long in the tooth to let words bother me ,anyway you didn't hear what i called myself when i spotted my currant bun mistake ,but thats made me famous now every day i spot dozens of mistakes and usually its just wrong key pushed.cbf has helped me lots of times and i hope i might have helped a few people ,especially those with P.C.problems he he.
I think most replies are light hearted some people take it the wrong way, also if you cant take it dont give it.

lance [:o)]    

quote:
Originally posted by lindacarl

I haven't seen much or any of that happening here.
All I can remember of spelling mistakes is Lances question on currant rate - & I believe Scunner was 1st to post on that. LOL  I believe Lance is still posting.
I do remember the days of Brummyboy though when his spelling mistakes were legendary & very often added to the fun - we laughed with him NOT at him. It certainly didn't stop him posting.
Tell them to come back on & get over it - we've all been subject to bloomers with spelling at some time.
We've had dyslexics come on here & haven't made fun of them. Just tell them to chill out Joan - I'm sure whatever was said was not said with malice. Except if you got the odd strange person - as we often do, on here.

Well said Lance, as you say, it's all in fun, and it helps break up the seriousness. Alan

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf