Author Topic: Rudeness to Other Members Ends TODAY :-)  (Read 11064 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Rudeness to Other Members Ends TODAY :-)
« on: October 01, 2008, 11:14:44 AM »
This came from a couple of topics where the subject was lost due to rude exchanges between members. You may not have read them so to confirm:

From today, any rude reply will be deleted. The team will decide what is rude and what isn't. This will of course lead to accusations that we delete anything we don't agree with, members complaining that we deleted things when they were not particularly rude, and that we didn't delete posts that we didn't consider particularly rude whereas individual members did.

We are not here monitoring 100% of the time, and once a rude remark is made other members often reply to discuss the offending post. In these cases all posts relating or referring to the rude remark will also be deleted.

We are here to make sure the forum is online, people know how to use it, things are posted in the correct place and that people don't use it for blatant advertising etc.

If you want us to run it as your parents then don't complain when we delete YOUR post and don't start a topic moaning about Nazi CBF moderators preventing your right to free speech.

Welcome to the new regime, it starts right now!

Offline tonysue

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 11:57:24 AM »
I for one ,welcome this approach Scunner.There is never any excuse for rudeness regardless of how long you have been a member of CBF nor how many posts you have made. I would also like to see the one word answer posts deleted. It should be considered how this looks to a newby or visitor reading them, if the forum is to grow and attract new members courtesy must be shown at all times.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 11:57:34 AM »
OK Dad, but can I still stay up late to watch Dr Who ?:D 8):D 8):D
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 11:58:03 AM by KKOB »

Offline Linda

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 12:18:16 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by KayaKoyuOldBoy

OK Dad, but can I still stay up late to watch Dr Who ?:D 8):D 8):D

Only if you eat all your dinner first - even the sprouts :D

Seriously ... it is a shame that this action has had to be taken! Let's hope it makes people think before making facetious comments just to provoke a reaction! I for one am only interested in gleaning information and sharing experiences ... this to me is what the forum is all about ... give and take  8)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 12:22:34 PM by Linda »

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 12:25:37 PM »
I would suggest anyone making joke remarks use smileys, it doesn't always come across as someone who is joking without them

Tinx :) ;)

Offline manofkent

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 12:32:41 PM »
It will never work unless everyone understands the difference between
banter and rudeness.Quite often I have seen posts made where one member will say something in a jokingly way and someone else has taken offence to it and says it is rudeness.If you dont agree with something someone has posted and you say "Your talking out of your backside" is that going to be taken as rudeness? Its something thats said a lot.It will be interesting to see if it works though and tones down some of the very heated arguements that you sometimes get on here.
I have also had another thought.Hows Crabbit going to react to having 9 0ut of 10 of his posts deleted. :)  Just Kidding.

Offline brianthegardener

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 12:37:08 PM »
I to welcome the new approach, no need for any rudeness, you should be able to ask a question and recieve a reply with out fear, members on here have a vast wealth of experiences which should be shared and its nice to see it passed on to others...long may this new eara continue :)

Offline Linda

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 12:40:37 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by manofkent

I have also had another thought.Hows Crabbit going to react to having 9 0ut of 10 of his posts deleted. :)  Just Kidding.

Oh you have made me laugh manofkent :D:D:D

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 12:44:29 PM »
I'm glad it was becoming a bit of an unhappy place.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 13:14:09 PM »
I have no issue with this approach.  I would say I suspect some of the comments are met with a greater level of outrage than was perhaps intended (or even present).      There does appear to be some people desperate for the chance to feel offended  ;)

If anyone feels offended by this post .. I suppose that means you  ;)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 13:19:02 PM by slartibartfast »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf