Author Topic: Dog Owners of CBF  (Read 5659 times)

Offline ytokgoz

• www.propertyandturkey.com
Dog Owners of CBF
« on: October 25, 2008, 13:00:35 PM »
hello everyone,
i wonder how many people here has got dogs?and what breed are they?also can we make something like all the dog owners make a meeting or sth with them selves and dogs?As the fall comes now it would be nice to take the doggies for a walk in the fields and picnic etc.
I have got 2 dogs, english setter and english pointer.both gundogs .
my english setter is on season now i want to breed it. do you know anybody has got good looking male english setter?

Offline sugarybaba

Dog Owners of CBF
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 20:19:32 PM »
Lovely idea Yusuf but most of the people I think are more interested in neutering dogs rather than breeding from them
There are far too many unwanted dogs already in Turkiye
I am an animal lover and most of my friends are too
My friends would take in stray or rescue animals rather than obtain one from a breeder

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Dog Owners of CBF
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 20:43:15 PM »
Here here. Could you not give a home to a poor little stray dog that is in need of a loving home.

Offline sugarybaba

Dog Owners of CBF
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 20:52:25 PM »
Karennina - no sorry as I have already dogs and cats (street ones and from Uk) My shihtsu is 12 years old and not good with others
I have taken several animals to the sanctuary and have re homed strays  All my friends have more than enough animals too and like me do their best and what they can

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Dog Owners of CBF
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 20:56:35 PM »
Hi Sugarybaba
No I did not mean you at all I meant the chap who wants to breed from his dog.

Offline miaspyro

Dog Owners of CBF
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 21:51:55 PM »
Yes there are many stray dogs in Turkey, however surly the controlled breeding of dogs should not be compared with buying a puppy and getting fed up with it, so chuck it out in the street  I would love to breed my staffy, but only with another staff, so not much chance of that.  I have also rescued and aquired medical help for street dogs, and have recently added a rescue dog to my family.

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
Dog Owners of CBF
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 22:17:15 PM »
I am concerned about this thread.Adopting stray dogs, or placing them with owners is OK.But considering breeding with them is open to other implications.Most brits regard their dog as something very special to the family as a whole and dogs brought from the UK at a large financial outlay may not wish them to be interbred with a local dog unless it was equal in breed and had all the necessary papers,which is highly unlikely.No offence is meant to anyone here,but any one wishing to breed should perhaps deal through a registered vet to assure themselves everything is above board

Offline ytokgoz

Dog Owners of CBF
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 22:19:21 PM »
hi karennina,
thank you karennina, but i would not like to have a stray dog.sorry. both my dogs are working dogs and i use them for hunting...i would like to breed my setter once, as it has got very good pedigree and believe me that all the puppies will have good homes. you can never see a pedigree dog on streets.
another reason for not to have street dog is i could not thrust as i havent raised it and with little one around i would not risk it.
i prefer to keep dogs from puppyhood so i can make it socialized enough.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 22:25:05 PM by tinkerman »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Dog Owners of CBF
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 22:24:04 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by captainjon

Most brits regard their dog as something very special to the family as a whole and dogs brought from the UK at a large financial outlay may not wish them to be interbred with a local dog unless it was equal in breed and had all the necessary papers,which is highly unlikely.

Obviously the British owners may not wish their dog to be bred with a local one, but equally possibly they might - where's the problem in asking?

Offline ytokgoz

Dog Owners of CBF
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 22:30:04 PM »
hi scunner,
i agree breding a pedigree dog with street one as the puppies will most likely be unwanted.
but breding two equal one would be great as turkey is still not member of fci(world dog federation) and one thing we need is good pedigree breds.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf