Author Topic: Dog Owners of CBF  (Read 5658 times)

Offline sugarybaba

Dog Owners of CBF
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2008, 23:38:51 PM »
No great offence taken Yusuf but let me tell you a story
Three weeks ago myself and my Shihtzu were attacked by a german shepard who escaped from her garden
After medical treatment for both of us, we are alive to tell the tale  but The german shepard has not been seen or heard for the last few days
Believe me I am a staunch animal lover and despite pressure I did not want the animal to be put down and was glad to be alive to be honest !!
I have never been fazed by any dog - even the biggest street dog but this GS has/had an evil streak  She had been threatening us for weeks as we walked past
Clever? Hmmm I will agreee to disagree with you on who evers score that is  ??
Poodle cleverer than a shih tsu ? ! Well my shihtsu does not do circus tricks beg and give a paw but she can see off intruders no prob  
I think that dogs do not have to be good workers, just good companions, loyal friends and not necessarily clever to be loved by most honest animal lovers

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Dog Owners of CBF
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2008, 23:44:56 PM »
Just out of interest, do you know where this German Shepherd's home is? Steph had a pretty frightening experience with one, certainly a very nasty temperament indeed.

Offline sugarybaba

Dog Owners of CBF
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2008, 00:11:34 AM »
Yes Keith I know exactly where it is
Mehmet Akif Ersoy Cad  Between the old Dialyz centre and Summer Rose (sunnys)market so on main drag from Carretta Apts to Calis market
Round corner from where we live in sk 989

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Dog Owners of CBF
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2008, 00:27:37 AM »
Well this one was living in one of the apartments above Genpa (when it wasn't let out to terrorise) but I haven't seen it in a long while around there so possibly the same dog. VERY vicious.

Offline sugarybaba

Dog Owners of CBF
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2008, 00:41:50 AM »
The one who attacked us was "owned" by our Turkish neighbour and it was imported from Serbia (?) for breeding purposes
It (sorry she) had recently had puppies and there was one left with her when she attacked us   Lots of unfortunate circumstances  - his family here for Bayram - grandkids left gate open etc etc
I saw the dog passport and all injections were in order so luckily I got just tetanus jabs and antibiotics
Maisie shihtsu got medical treatment and at 12 I am glad she is still hre after such a horrific experience
I do not walk past there now but have ben told it has gone - and been replaced with some other dog ripe for breeding
hey ho  here we go - more unfortunate dogs born in Turkey   Sorry to be cynical

Offline ovaciksarah

Dog Owners of CBF
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2008, 14:43:34 PM »
what about the original question, how about all dog owners getting together for a walk etc.  Yep we all think our breed is the best etc, and most of us don,t like shooting etc, but if we can take a stray off the streets and have it for life great.  I came over with my Rhodesian Ridgeback, found s stray from Kents vet with a broken leg and parvo, then found a like border collie pup of 6 weeks on the beach ofn OluDeniz beach then fell in love with a Siberian Husky pup who was very ill and love them all, but most important had them all spayed, no pups.  I walk in the mountain s every day and the hunters want a pup from my hound  and are very disappointed when I say, no pups, all just be responsible, pedigree dogs as well as muts are thrown out by English as well as Turks if they go home so please find a home for a stray before buying a pedigree and never by from Istanbul on the internet, the cruely is terrible and most pups die before they reach their destination. p.s. what about all meeting in winter for walks

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Dog Owners of CBF
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2008, 15:28:16 PM »
Sugarybaba, you live on the same sokak as me!

Offline kim

• Harefield, Middlesex, UK
Dog Owners of CBF
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2008, 19:07:57 PM »
We have a Border Collie ,her name is maisie ,we brought her  over from England 7 months ago .I live in a complex of 11 villas ,so i walk her  4 times a day .We have had bad encounters of stray dogs around the roads where we live and there is a couple of big dogs ,1 is a large long haired German Shepherd and another heinz 57 but very big light  brown dog and it doesn't  help when  people let there dogs of the lead when they can see other dogs coming up the road.Maisie is always on a lead ,i dread to think what would happen if she was of the lead .
If i had my way ,i would have all the stray dogs at home with me ,but my dog is very special and part of the family and does not mix very well ,she is quite nervous when she is out ,and it doesn't help when you get little  children throwing stones at her when she is out walking with me .
We also have a  pitball that lives opposite us ,and it is used for breeding and i have witnessed it being trained to fight ,God help anybody if it gets loose on the street ,its already attacked one of his pups a month or so ago and killed it.The dog lives in high barred wire enclosure ,im not moaning because i am very much a animal lover ,but some people should take there responsibilities more serious .

Offline ytokgoz

• www.propertyandturkey.com
Dog Owners of CBF
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2008, 15:14:15 PM »
thank you ovacik sarah for the rest of the question....what does the other members would like to say about meeting with doggies somewhere in the woods and go for a walk....
Scunner i think it looks like you have to arrange sth at your convenience?what do you say?

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
Dog Owners of CBF
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2008, 17:36:25 PM »
Hi everyone,this may wee you all off,but you are all mixing and matching.I was involved training all breeds of dogs for the military and it cannot be done as you all suppose.All breeds have strengths and weaknesses.Do you want a house pet??or a guard dog,or a retriever for sports retrievel of birds or a cattle  dog.Simply put,assuming here you want family loyalty,protection especialy  for children and family,but not out and out agressive teritorial protection,I mean garden\stroke house die for you at whatever terms,the following will be good.English colly,incredible intelligence,fantastic loyalty,child protection second to none.ALSO Jack russell,but breed to small for overall protection. Next,Alsatian,this is not a german sherperd!! they come from german stock are much keener and agressive.Much loved by  USA guards.Next,Doberman,superp dog fantastic loyalty, great with children,incredibly fast and responsive,and great house dog.But ,will not die for you,too inteligent,alsatian a better bet,will take a bullet for you because its not as intelligent,but gives you time to hide or run.If you want a house dog,go for a Lab, dalmatian or other useless breed,but great fun.Last but not least.Do not get a Rotweiler.I expect a hail of abuse with this,BUT a full grown dog is in excess of 9 stone in english,it is too heavy for a female to control, and also most men.It was a roman cattle dog,it is not suitable as a family pet and if you want to check with DEFRA,in the UK thay will give you frightening statistics normaly hidden by by breeders.Lastly, with all animals you will get a higher level of loyalty with a bitch,they have this female attachment mentality, so will die to protect a baby if you introduce them early to you child and avoid jealasy.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf