Author Topic: Robberies. Spare a thought  (Read 8969 times)

Offline destiny

Robberies. Spare a thought
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2008, 13:06:47 PM »
Kenkay wouldnt it be a shame if a Tukish Waiter saw your post and decided to spit in your food the next time you are eating out in Calis. These waiters have many friends who work in and around Calis and i am sure if they saw your response almost accusing the waiter in question of lying they would take joy in that. I know if i was a waitress i would be tempted. Abu has worked in the area for years and is well liked. I have seen the cctv footage and i was also present when the police arrived and said immediately that the man was wanted in connection to other robberies. It wasnt his whole years wages as he supports his family with that. They were actually his tips that had been saved from working long hours serving some pr***s like you. Thankfully most of the people in and around the area have been really helpful. So Thanks for that and see you all at the BBQ later and for those who cant make it Thank you on behalf of Abu for your help and kind words.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2008, 13:18:21 PM »
Hi Destiny. I don't think that it is very helpful to insult Kenkay like that. Maybe that those who live here and get to know some of the waiters as people and are more used to the Turkish way of life know more of what goes on over here. I had a  business in Blackpool and believe me trust no-one. On this occasion it is true. Keith I understand very well your feelings. xx

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2008, 13:21:08 PM »
:D lol Destiny, I fear that "spitting in food" (amongst other, even more unsavory insults) may already be happening  :o

My son's time was made use of on his first holiday in Turkey (before I arrived [:(!].  He as 'lucky' enough to gain work experience in a local eaterie as a waiter (no pay of course - That's Ilegal 8)).

No point in naming & shaming now, it was 4 years ago when he was just 15.  But some of the 'practices' he described as fairly common, would make you heave: :).

Offline destiny

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2008, 13:30:01 PM »
The way i read his post is that he doesnt believe it happened which i take as an insult to Abu a good friend of mine and to me who is trying to help organise tonight and the collections x

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2008, 13:51:12 PM »
Thats the Nil bar crossed off permanently for me.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 13:52:04 PM by tinkerman »

Offline simpsons

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2008, 15:46:19 PM »
This seems like a good way to get money.Lets hope other waiters don't read this and decide to put it in their book of "How to relieve the English of their money". They might then decide to use this idea as a new career. Certainly beats working for a living.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2008, 15:50:41 PM »
In fairness you missed the point that he has been working all season

Offline destiny

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2008, 15:55:36 PM »
Do people think that the CCTV footage and police actively looking for this guy is all part of the BIG PLAN.

Offline maria

• Alfreton, UK
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2008, 16:17:11 PM »
I cannot believe how nasty some people can be, nobody is forcing anyone to contribute anythiong they dont want to. We have heard many times on here about British people who have been robbed and they all get the sympathy they deserve why is it different for a turkish person. If certain people have this attitude to turkish people why then are they living in Turkey. Abu is a genuine nice guy and certainly does not deserve the comments that have been made.

maria

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2008, 16:32:01 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by mercury

Hi Destiny. I don't think that it is very helpful to insult Kenkay like that. Maybe that those who live here and get to know some of the waiters as people and are more used to the Turkish way of life know more of what goes on over here. I had a  business in Blackpool and believe me trust no-one. On this occasion it is true. Keith I understand very well your feelings. xx

Mercury

Where was the money actually stolen from? Unless I've missed something no one seems to know.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf