Author Topic: Robberies. Spare a thought  (Read 9082 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Robberies. Spare a thought
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2008, 17:00:03 PM »
His wallet was taken when he was sleeping. I believe that the  waiters have rooms under the NilBar. I am as cynical as anyone on here but in this instance it happens to be true.

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2008, 17:39:23 PM »
the police dont make me laught, one minute they know who he is, like the one eyed lady cyclist, etc. not seen any real action on catching these crooks.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2008, 17:58:25 PM »
Why is the Nil Bar crossed of Tinks? Wasn't aware that it was ever on your list. I hope You weren't thinking that from Cef's post that this was the restaurant in question because it certainly was not!!!!!

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2008, 18:06:05 PM »
No it wasn't cefs post it was Destinys about spitting in someones dinner because he is cynical and aired his opinion,
afraid I couldn't drink with clientelle to advocate that sort of thing.

I haven't been to the Nil bar but not for any particular reason, I haven't visited lots of bars in Calis, but I think I have good reason now.

Tinx

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2008, 18:07:32 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by mercury

His wallet was taken when he was sleeping. I believe that the  waiters have rooms under the NilBar. I am as cynical as anyone on here but in this instance it happens to be true.

Not cynical at all.Just no specifics as to where the cash had been lifted from.I dont know the lad but feel sorry for whats happened to him. Curiosity was getting the better of me.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 18:08:41 PM by Jukebox »

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2008, 19:44:35 PM »
quote:

Why is the Nil Bar crossed of Tinks? Wasn't aware that it was ever on your list. I hope You weren't thinking that from Cef's post that this was the restaurant in question because it certainly was not!!!!!

You're right Anne, I was not referring to the Nil, I've never been in there either.  It was Destiny's post that reminded me of what my son said about so-called 'pay-backs' handed out by the place he got involved with :(

PS: Unfortunately my son didn't tell what he'd seen & heard at the time, better late than never.

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2008, 20:58:05 PM »
quote:
[br There will be a free barbeque at the Nil on Saturday night.

Will it be a Spit roast.   :D

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2008, 21:19:09 PM »
Hello,people??? I have to say that I am apalled at some of the extrordinary responses I have read with regard to a guy who has worked bloody hard seven days a week,for about 15 hours a day, mainly for your comfort.  What disturbs me more, is that the majority of negative and derogatary  comments appear to  come, from what I would politely suggest are seasonal visitors who have little consept of the real world here in Calis or Fethiye.  Furthermore, a moderator on this site ,who!! by definition should be just that!ie, a balancer  of opinions, takes and presents an opinion, of his own of an establishment, purely on an issue of which he has no direct knowledge.  It would seem you are all quick to take issue and cast opinions on something you know little or nothing about.  If you read previous posts, all the facts are there!  This is not a SCAM!  A moral to this story could be, DO not cast opinions on something you know little about. A short while ago, scunner banned outright rude remarks,and rightly so.Looking at the recent level of new subscribersto the forum, it would seem they apreciate the clean up act also.I would suggest that some of the more unsavoury contributions are not welcome here.If anyone wants to exchange crap perhaps the chat room is more apropriate!!!!!!!!!!!!Thank you all!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2008, 21:23:30 PM »
Why is it people think CBF moderators shouldn't have an opinion?

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2008, 21:26:45 PM »
Actually I think you will find that we were asked to form opinions we knew little about - "spare a thought"..... some thoughts might be symapthy and some might be a certain amount of scepticism. You can't help but be wary when you read regular stories of scams and cons. Part of the rich tapestry which is CBF.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf