Author Topic: Help on opening a buisness  (Read 13134 times)

Offline Diverbaz 1

Help on opening a buisness
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2008, 07:04:25 AM »

quote:
strange choice for a single male to go into

I thought Emvs2002 was female:D

Baz 8)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 07:07:40 AM by Diverbaz 1 »

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2008, 17:58:56 PM »
Hi,EMvs2002.Are you seriously thinking of opening a business in the current market situation and  particularly,in Fethiye? and in what I would suggest is at best a niche market.Whatever contacts you have,I have no idea,but I doubt they can manufacture garments for you cheaper than here in turkey.(Oh I forgot you are not a local,you are a brit,so forget that.After the comments from Lynda Diane, which I would suggest are not negative,but painfully accurate,I can only assume you have not analysed your market.If you have cash to invest,how can you do better than achieve 20% plus at the bank? The only Ex pats I know in business here and making a living in my  " meagre " three years here and  that are surviving are either married to Turkish partners,with the obvious advantages,or have turkish business partners and guess the survival rates here.I have no wish to be negative here,but to offer you a brief summary of your chances of success,As all have advised you.DONT waste your money.Good luck

Offline Emvs2002

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2008, 17:32:39 PM »
i am female baz, well i was the last time i checked!!! Hold on gonna check again........ Yep im still female.

Captainjon to answer your question Turkey isnt as cheap anymore as most people who live here have noticed so my contacts for wedding dresses are not in turkey!. Ok ill give you an example. One decent wedding dress in Fethiye cost a min 1000 ytl so thats around 350-400 pounds depending on the exchange, from China you can buy wedding dresses from 30-100 pounds, including delivery. See where im getting the profit from, i really dont care about the credit crunch in England cos i dont live there i live here in Turkey where most of the weddings that will happen will be from Turks. My market is the turkish and before you say no turk will pay 1000ytl for a wedding dress, yes they do. i have many turkish friends who have married in the last 3 years and all of them have paid 1000 ytl and above for one. Familys get out bank loans and whatever... its tradition that the bride and groom have new wedding dress. My partners sister paid 1500 ytl for hers and poor baba had to get a loan out to pay for it.

Alot of weddings do happen here from the english but not as many as the turks but it still happens, in fact one travel agency that im working with have alot of bookings booked for next year so they tell there customers especially the bride how would you like to buy your dress and an extras here threw me.

Second i dont want to sit at a shop for 12 hours a day waiting to see if any customers come in so that problem is sorted aswell.

Third everything will be in my turkish partners name but it will be my business and all profit will be mine to do as i please with it.

All i asked is how i start to go about opening my own business i didnt want peoples opinions/constructive advice (whatever you want to call it) if the business will work or not. i know my market if it works it works if it doesnt well hell at least i tried.

Oh and captinjon if you read back to what i wrote for lynda diane it wasnt saying that her comments where negative, i thank her for giving me advice on the question i asked.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2008, 17:43:58 PM »
"All i asked is how i start to go about opening my own business i didnt want peoples opinions/constructive advice"

What did you expect then? and it's 'through me' not 'threw me'

Offline Emvs2002

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2008, 17:57:26 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerman

"All i asked is how i start to go about opening my own business i didnt want peoples opinions/constructive advice"

What did you expect then? and it's 'through me' not 'threw me'

Goodness me now its oooh 'through me' not 'threw me' did you understand what i was trying to say yes, obviously cos you corrected my spelling so whats the problem?

Lets point out all my mistakes cos im gonna get an answer to question if everyone does!!!!

What i expected was an answer for my question. Help on starting a business and if you had read the whole topic you would already have  known that. but no you want to  criticize my spelling mistakes

Offline brianthegardener

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2008, 19:17:17 PM »
Hi Emvs2002, im sorry i cant help you in giving you help/infomation on setting up a buisness...what i can tell you is you will get more critisism and negative/unhelpfull help from SOME members on here...it seems to be the IN thing to do on here instead of trying to help......better to say some thing...even if its not constructive to the thread...than to help answer the question..good luck with your venture if you decide to go along with it...only YOU can decide if its a goer ot not!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2008, 19:20:35 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Emvs2002

i didnt want peoples opinions/constructive advice (whatever you want to call it) if the business will work or not.

I am shocked to read this line. Would you believe, even Sir Alan Sugar (with his £800 million personal wealth) calls in all the opinions he can before launching into anything new to him. I think you have got it wrong, people aren't making negative comments for the sake of being mischievous, they are doing so because they have experience that SHOULD be useful to you before you throw your hard earned money into it.

I doubt many people want to see businesses succeed in Turkey more than me, I wish you luck with it - but being able to source something cheap and having it for sale at a good price isn't a business plan.

Enough said, make a million  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2008, 19:29:35 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by brianthegardener

what i can tell you is you will get more critisism and negative/unhelpfull help from SOME members on here...it seems to be the IN thing to do on here instead of trying to help

For God's sake Brian, people are not criticising and being unhelpful, they are doing the opposite. Ayse's Cakes was a good idea, low overheads, a sizable local market in place, it should have done well but we read that Janice had to close it and lost much her life savings. How is this possible when all you need to do is pay rent, buy flour and eggs and 'stuff' - here, it is possible. Hobbs Family Sausages, another winner - some hotels indicated they would take 1,000 a week, where are they now? Gone, drowned by bureaucracy and red tape hurdles that just got higher. Having a good idea SIMPLY ISN'T enough.

Please don't criticise those on CBF who tried to make the point, it isn't about CBF being a negative place, or that it's the "in thing" to be so.

If I find you fast asleep on the M25, my experience is that it isn't a good idea. Would you like me to tell you to move somewhere safer, or would you prefer me to not be negative and say nothing...

Offline brianthegardener

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2008, 19:40:33 PM »
I dont want to get into an argument over this, Mr Scunner, but people questioning if Emvs2002 is a girl or boy and what is the correct spelling for words in thread are helpfull...she asked a question..a polite question...whats wrong with giving a polite answer...nothing...she didnt ask for opinion of the members as to IF or WHAT members thought of her idear on a buisness....weve gone of topic ...lets get back to topic and answer her question...please!!

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2008, 19:41:37 PM »
 :) Bloody ell i'm knackered reading this, glad i'm skint,:P

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf