Author Topic: Nicholas Homes  (Read 34165 times)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Nicholas Homes
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2009, 12:32:59 PM »
any further news on this issue? somebody said something about it being in a UK newspaper??

Offline tamd

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2009, 13:28:27 PM »
There was an article about a firm in Cornwall 'Nicholls' builders that have gone into administration.  Perhaps thatis causing some confusion with 'Nicholas' builders and homes

Offline Coniston1

Nicholas Homes
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2009, 16:53:12 PM »
Hi, my wife Anne and I (Brendan) bought a property from Nichols in sept 2007 (Archways) and we still have not recieved our Tapu. We where told at the time that it would take 3 to 6 months. There was then the period where the sale of property to forigners was suspended by the government for a time. We where told that this would not be a problem but it would delay the issueing of our Tapu. We accepted this and continued to wait for our Tapu but things just seemed to drag on and on. Whenever we where coming to Turkey and asked if our Tapu was ready they always wanted to know when we where going back and said it would be ready shortly after we left. It never appeared. They never contact us to let us know what is happening we always have to get in touch with them and recently Selva has been rather dificult to get hold of as it seem she is only working part time now.
I will be in Calis in early Feb and have been assured again that our Tapu will be ready. This time if it is not forthcoming I will be instructing a Turkish solictor (at Nichols expense) to look into the matter with a view to getting my money back.
From talking to people in the same position as me I have got the impression that whoever shouts the loudest gets there Tapu the quickest.  So get ready for some really loud shouting. I wont be telling Nichols how long I am staying in Turkey for the above mentioned reason.
Will keep you posted.
Brendan

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Nicholas Homes
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2009, 18:15:17 PM »
Nichols or Nicholas ?

Offline davidhutson

Nicholas Homes
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2009, 21:57:36 PM »
a bit petty  alan over a typing error on a letter a      i think we all new wat alan ment

Offline davidhutson

Nicholas Homes
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2009, 22:08:01 PM »
i'm as concened as you, Brendan, we have bought with NH, we 're waiting for our tapu also, we finalized in Nov 2006 and still waitng for our tapu, our latest correspondence with Selva has ended with her assuring us that the Deeds office is issuing more tapus in February, they can't say exactly when, but sometime in February, and ours is apparently included in that batch, we seem to be fobbed off from one month to the next so don't have a great deal of confidence, we just keep our fingers crossed, like everyone else with all the rumours goin around we're really worried

Offline kevin b

Nicholas Homes
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2009, 22:15:45 PM »
Maybe the trouble with some of these developers is they do not have the necessary living/building permissions in place to be able to apply for the Tapus.(I could be wrong)

Offline davidhutson

Nicholas Homes
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2009, 22:21:45 PM »
kevin, with all due respect do you know how big NH  are,  how many people they employ ? how much weight they carry in political circles, i might be wrong but to me they're like Tesco's in a small size town in England, they carry a lot of clowt i'm, sure

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Nicholas Homes
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2009, 00:24:40 AM »
it makes no difference how big the builder is.  
If the property is built on tourist land your tapu will not be forthcomming easily.  There are others on this forum who own a percentage of an aparthotel when what the where sold was an apartment or a villa.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Nicholas Homes
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2009, 07:18:06 AM »
I am a little ressured after receiving the newsletter from Nicholas yesterday, they certainly do not seem like a company going down.
I know that at least one person on my complex has had their Tapu in the past so would I assume that this means the land is within what regulations it has to meet? I have decided that I am just going to keep on and on and they will get so tired of me they will want rid of me! Failing that if still no joy then maybe some of us that want to could pay a solicitor and share the costs to sort it for us, after all what would a few hundred pounds each be in comparison to losing our homes in the sun.
Maybe all of us should do the same,

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf