Author Topic: Wills again  (Read 4896 times)

Offline DianaJ

Wills again
« on: January 28, 2009, 22:08:26 PM »
i know the subject if making a will has been covered in the past but Ive just been quoted a price of £750 from a Turkish Law firm in England to do a will, said as property in joint names 2 wills need to be done, can someone advise about same or recommend a solicitor they have used and what is cost would be very grateful
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 00:14:02 AM by Anne »

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Wills again
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 11:42:03 AM »
Hi Diana.
This has been well covered on here. Contact "Stuart" via his profile. His wife Dilek is an interpreter and her sister is a lawyer. They did our wills at about half the price you have been quoted and the same for many other CBF members.
Ken  8)

Offline Denton

Wills again
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 13:22:51 PM »
Hi.  Can anyone let me have Stuart`s email address as I do not know how to contact him via the forum.  I just cannot find out how to do it,.

Many thanks.

Offline kevin b

Wills again
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 13:32:31 PM »
At the top of the page click on members then click on s then look down the list & stuart is at bottom of 1st page click on stuart then click on send stuart a email easy as pie. :)

Offline Denton

Wills again
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 13:52:17 PM »
Kevin,  Thanks a lot

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Wills again
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 16:24:14 PM »
Read this Post,  the saga is still on going and hope to be final in May of this year.

{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}21169&SearchTerms=Wills

Careful which lawyer you choose, They all take your money say the work is easy but do not give you the full picture.

Offline tylerbabe

Wills again
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 12:57:51 PM »
Do you still need a will even though you have joint bank accounts and both names on tapu. :D

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Wills again
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 15:26:18 PM »
I believe so; if one of you was to die the joint bank account/s will be frozen leaving you without access to funds for maybe quite a while and technically your property (or your share) under Turkish law will pass to children.

It's always a good idea to have your individual bank accounts as well as any joint accounts.  :)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 15:27:04 PM by nichola »

Offline kevin b

Wills again
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 16:11:15 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by nichola

I believe so; if one of you was to die the joint bank account/s will be frozen leaving you without access to funds for maybe quite a while and technically your property (or your share) under Turkish law will pass to children. :)

I think this is why Turkish people empty bank account before notifying the death to authorities.

Offline mikew

Wills again
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 09:45:39 AM »
As someone who is the executor of a deceased persons estate in the UK who had assets in Turkey but who didn't make a turkish will, my advice is without a doubt make a Turkish will as soon as possible! There are a number of subtle differences between UK & Turkish inheritance laws & these need to be covered in the will made in Turkey, which I won't go in to but it should save you considerable time & money in the long term.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf