Author Topic: Council Tax due  (Read 6061 times)

Offline Steve D

Council Tax due
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2009, 14:10:20 PM »
Help! My partner and I have an apartment in Deliktas (near the Green Valley complex), we have owned for about 3 years and have not paid Council Tax. What documents are required in order to pay this and does anyone know what happens to all those that don't pay?! There must be others out there in the same position, are we all going to end up in the Fethiye jail?!!

Offline sunnyd

Council Tax due
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2009, 14:45:20 PM »
You can check if your property has been registered by taking a copy of your title deed along to the Belediye office at the side of Carrefour. Through the metal detector and the first desk on the left 'Emlak Vergisi'. They will check your details and if you have been registered they will be able to tell you how much you owe and they can give you your council tax number 'sicil no'. Normally the builders register the properties after building completion. Don't worry if you haven't paid for 3 years there is no conviction... just the fine.

Offline Steve D

Council Tax due
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2009, 17:30:07 PM »
Many thanks Sunnyd, we are going back on June 5th so will get down to the council office as soon as we can. Hopefully the fine will not be too bad!! Cheers again.

Offline ronzeus

Council Tax due
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2009, 18:25:45 PM »
Steve ,going on past experiance ,you will have to pay a massive fine.:(

I think around 6 lira  ;)

Offline moggy

Council Tax due
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2009, 23:54:26 PM »
If you are in Coca Calis do you pay your council tax at the belediye office by carrefour Fethiye, or somewhere else?

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Council Tax due
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2009, 08:53:01 AM »
Moggy - for Koca Calis you need to go into Ciftlk as it is a different council to Calis.

If you go to the top of the main road through Koca (the one that runs from the beach past the pink hotel) and across the roundabout you can walk into Ciflik. The council offices are in the centre of the village opposite the market area.

Offline moggy

Council Tax due
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2009, 21:06:42 PM »
Many thanks stoop,saved us a lot of messing about,the simplest of things turn into major problems,it must be the heat. I know there's a new bus service up to Ciftlik so we can get that sorted out next time we're over,if it's still running, cheers.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Council Tax due
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2009, 21:45:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Steve D

Help! My partner and I have an apartment in Deliktas (near the Green Valley complex), we have owned for about 3 years and have not paid Council Tax. What documents are required in order to pay this and does anyone know what happens to all those that don't pay?! There must be others out there in the same position, are we all going to end up in the Fethiye jail?!!

I paid mine for the first time last year, I took my tapu and passport. I needed to get a copy of the Tapu and passport and also needed the full address. It was hilarious, I took several trips out to the Fotokopi shop opposite, everytime I went back I needed something else. I think they were having a chuckle with me.

Offline jezz

Council Tax due
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2009, 13:00:01 PM »
could you tell me if there is a charge to register your property prior to being able to pay the council tax ?

Offline Gordon Smith

Council Tax due
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2009, 12:05:00 PM »
Can you pay your Council Tax with a Credit Card ?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf