Author Topic: Pool Wizard  (Read 5887 times)

Offline geordieboy

Pool Wizard
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2009, 15:26:26 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Eric

This is the link;
http://www.floatron.co.uk/

Quote "At the cost of £250 including UK postage the floatron should pay for itself in one to two years in an average size pool."

Not knocking it by any means but £250 plus you still need to use chlorine (though not as much)seems a bit steep.  Would take nearer 10 years to pay for itself.

Not wishing to initiate a big debate on the subject I bought mine 3yrs ago at a cost of £200 and after using it for three yrs it has more than paid for itself.Bear in mind that the cost of chemicals,like many things increases every year,the floatron is a one off buy.
Apart from the financial savings there is also the health factor,I've been to hotels and villas where I would'nt dream of getting in the pool because it smelled like undiluted Domestos,can't do a lot for your skin or eyes.
Once my pool water has reached the optimum level as indicated by the tester I take the floatron out of the pool for a week or more,putting it back when the tester indicates that I should.
Another plus point is that by cutting right back on the acid your tile grouting life is greatly extended.
If you live in a area where there are people with sticky fingers just take the unit out of the pool when you shut it down for the night.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Pool Wizard
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2009, 11:56:34 AM »
Just had this e mail from Rod of Pool Wizard, he has tried to join the forum and post but is having problems?

General PW Info:

The cost of a PW, which will treat a pool up to 65 tonnes (cubic meters), is unchanged at 190 TL for the first year, and packs of active minerals for years 2 & 3 cost 110 TL. A pool up to 130 tonnes needs an extra active mineral pack, but this year 1/2 packs will be available for intermediate sized pools. A PW will more than pay for itself in the first year as it cuts the amount of chlorine required by 75%. There is nothing on display to be stolen. The only other chemical required is pH adjuster (pH- in this area). Chlorine has doubled in price in the last 2 years so today's savings are greater - but the biggest advantage is the health benefit of reduced chlorine use.

I have used PW for 4 years: the first unit did exactly what it promised for the full 3 years. My pool is 65 tonnes (1PW) and gets average use from 1st April to 31st October. I get through about 12 kg of 56% dichlor granules (15 kg if I run pool all year round) and 8 kg of pH- granules a season. A heavily used pool may need double the amount of chlorine, but without PW it could need 8 times as much. I spend about 5 minutes every other day on my own pool maintenance and my water always sparkles, NEVER smells, NEVER causes eye irritations nor ear infections, NEVER gets algae and is 100% free of pathogens.

The local agent, whose contact number tinkerman has posted above, is always available for pool advice or assistance and Pool Wizard ALWAYS works provided that a few very simple instructions are followed.

To Jinky:

The new style of Pool Wizard, introduced towards the end of last season, has a metallic coil element and a separate bag of chemicals. Earlier models had a tubular metal element about the shape and size of a standard toilet roll core and were packed with the first year's chemicals.

To Eric:

1 x PW with chemicals supplied will treat a 65 tonne pool, thereafter up to 130 tonnes needs an extra active mineral pack. You test levels as usual and maintain levels of 7.2 - 7.6 pH and 0.5 ppm chlorine. With heavy pool use you need to add more chlorine than normal to maintain 0.5 ppm but always about 1/4 of that needed for the recommended safe level of 2.0 ppm without PW.
I don't know the size of your pool but 90 TL of chlorine and pH- at today's prices is about what I use with PW (65 tonnes pool and Saklikent water). Either you have found a very cheap chemical source that I'd like to know about, or perhaps you have a very small pool - if you're maintaining safe water chemistry. Before algaecides were available, algae was avoided by diligently maintaining pH and chlorine levels - fairly high levels of chlorine which Pool Wizard avoids. A new pool should be virtually immune from algae if in constant use. When it is left to go green over the winter, the algae takes hold and only very careful and thorough cleaning will eradicate it. Algaecides are normally used in conjunction with about 2.0 ppm chlorine to give added protection. This is totally unnecessary with PW at very low chlorine levels (even zero chlorine for up to 2 weeks).

I hope this helps, feel free to call any time if you need help or advice.

Regards,

Rod

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Pool Wizard
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2009, 12:37:03 PM »
Andy did you buy a pool wizard or did anyone else? what are  your thoughts are they worth buying ?
Mark

Offline calvin 1949

Pool Wizard
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2009, 12:54:32 PM »
Here is another gadget for pools ,same sort of price ,has anyone used one of these .Calvin
www.floatron.co.uk

Offline terrie

Pool Wizard
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2009, 12:58:17 PM »
hi ,yes we have floatron,got from usa,brilliant!!have now used it for three years,pool 55sqmts,hardly use any chemicals,simon,

Offline Old Daffodil

Pool Wizard
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2009, 13:57:31 PM »
We had a pool wizard put in last year. You have to get your pool to the right chemical balance before using it but once in it saved on chemicals.Rod from Kas gave us advice.  

We also found that it is much pleasanter to swim in the water.

Offline noebar

Pool Wizard
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2011, 13:45:08 PM »
Have used pool wizards for the last three years very pleased with them
the chemicals are already in the device you buy a refill after about three-four months,if needed we never bought a refill just added chemicals to the pool if needed, it cut  down the use of chemical by a huge amount,I have been trying to obtain a new one,if anybody knows a stockist would you kindly give me their address or phone No

Regards Noebar

Offline tracey1398

Pool Wizard
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2011, 14:44:41 PM »
the email you got from rod must have been from his wife because sadly rod died last month but i know she is still selling them we have one and its great

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf