Author Topic: Calis busier than normal.  (Read 5314 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Calis busier than normal.
« on: April 18, 2009, 22:25:55 PM »
We have just got back from Calis and we have never seen it so busy at this time of year. The bars that are open down the main street were particularly busy. I hope that this is a good omen for the season.

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 23:27:08 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by mercury

We have just got back from Calis and we have never seen it so busy at this time of year. The bars that are open down the main street were particularly busy. I hope that this is a good omen for the season.

I read that bookings were up for Turkey and that a contributary factor was the state of the Euro against the pound.

It also said that people were trying to book all inclusive deals so maybe thats not the reason at all?

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 06:08:13 AM »
Hopefully they will see what Turkey has to offer for their money, and return again, let's face it, all a lot of people have ever known is Spain, a change might do them the world of good. Alan

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 10:04:50 AM »
Not only is the euro strong but prices in Spain and Portugal etc have gone through the roof. A mate of mine just came back from Tenerife and was paying over 4 euros for a lager.

It's a bout time Turkey got some good news with regard to tourism. Every year we hope for so much only for something to cock it up for them.

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 10:21:23 AM »
Originally posted by stoop

Not only is the euro strong but prices in Spain and Portugal etc have gone through the roof. A mate of mine just came back from Tenerife and was paying over 4 euros for a lager.

Same with our daughter's family in Febuary.They went to Gran canaria(Maspolomas) and bars were charging  2 euros for a kiddies coke.With four daughters they had a good but expensive holiday

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 13:19:35 PM »
We just came back form Spain and honsetly think that Turkey is more expensive! It certainly is in restaurants for food and drink !

Maybe we should wine and dine more economically in Calis?  ;)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 13:20:56 PM by Jukebox »

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 14:42:20 PM »
We went to Benidorm which is supposed to be cheap. 2 draught beers. undrinkeable and 2 draught cokes £13. That was in a club but even so? There are still beers about at 1 euro but it is undrinkable. We had to stick to bottled beer. It is 3 years since we were there and prices have nearly doubled since then. The quality of food was also not very good. I think you are eating in the wrong places. Keep away from the tourist areas like us poor locals. Believe me it is cheaper here.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 14:42:59 PM by mercury »

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 14:44:33 PM »
Hisaronu is also busier this year. We went for a run up today and were surprised at the number of people in the bars.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 15:29:20 PM »
They must have all come from Calis.......there was hardly anywhere in Calis that was busy at lunch time today:D

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 15:35:07 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by mercury

We went to Benidorm which is supposed to be cheap. 2 draught beers. undrinkeable and 2 draught cokes £13. That was in a club but even so? There are still beers about at 1 euro but it is undrinkable. We had to stick to bottled beer. It is 3 years since we were there and prices have nearly doubled since then. The quality of food was also not very good. I think you are eating in the wrong places. Keep away from the tourist areas like us poor locals. Believe me it is cheaper here.

Cant agree at all I'm afaid, that's where we were and we easily spend more in Calis. The restaurants we ate in Benidorm were of far superior quality and not the crappy ones in the New Town. It sounds  from what you've said that you were eating in the wrong places?

I'd be interested to see where you ate in Benidorm, please e mail me and we could compare notes.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 15:36:47 PM by Jukebox »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf