Author Topic: Calis busier than normal.  (Read 5315 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Calis busier than normal.
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2009, 17:04:05 PM »
My dentist just asked me if I know of any villas in the area that were not booked up. Seems she's been looking at the area and fancies it this year - however the sites she has been on the villas are mostly booked up. Obviously I put her onto Calis Villa so if anyone takes a booking from a dentist in York a beer will be fine thanks ;-)

Offline amanda bullock

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2009, 19:37:36 PM »
spent an afternoon on the beach at Calis this week.I'm afraid it was one big ashtray.yuk!why dont they realise they have to get it sorted early or people won't come back.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2009, 23:29:40 PM »
 :)It was the same the other week Mand, everyone hears great reports about Calis,but the beach is a joke, I only said to Kenny last time, I would never sit on something like this in England, amazing what a bit of sun can do,:P

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2009, 23:49:24 PM »
Maybe they should try and have a smoking ban on the beach ? It wouldnt be as disgusting with fag ends everywhere but probably  the council think why the hell should they clean up after lazy gits who can't be arsed to use an ash tray.  That would probably be harder to enforce though than stopping the dogs sh1tting! Between the smokers and the dogs there's not really much hope for a nice beach :D
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 23:54:22 PM by Jukebox »

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2009, 00:06:01 AM »
:D Well I know what I would rather sit on, they can always put ashtrays out, They do it in Olu Deniz, But the dog sh-te, especially the white turds blend in with the pebbles, the dogs are a bigger problem than the ciggies,(and I mean the ones with 4 legs Shaun ;))

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2009, 00:43:17 AM »
I much prefer down Koca Calis end of the beach.  It's cleaner and the few places that are down there seem to take a bit of pride in there place and keep the beach clean

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2009, 00:59:53 AM »
Must agree Anne - not come across much doggie poo down there and the bars tend to look after their bit of beach better as it attracts punters.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 01:00:12 AM by stoop »

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2009, 07:41:40 AM »
The last time I was in the Torbay area the beaches were covered in Richard the Thirds.!(along with the "No dogs allowed signs") ;) ;) :)

Offline steve harry

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2009, 11:29:38 AM »
Interesting feedback about the Calis Beach beach. Is it really that bad? I'm coming out to Calis for a family holiday in late May/early June - which is the best beach to use locally, especially for a 5 year old just learning to swim?!!

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2009, 14:39:33 PM »
I wouldn't allow a five year old into the sea at Calis, there's a strong undercurrent and it shelves quickly much safer to go Olu Deniz and spend time at the lagoon which is lovely.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf