Author Topic: What's Wrong With You People?  (Read 2923 times)

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
What's Wrong With You People?
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2009, 14:58:17 PM »
What I cant understand is why the corruption of Parliament has come as a big surprise to anybody, power corrupts and  and absolute power corrupts absolutely, has it not always been so. As a young man I was involved in a labour dispute and the T.G.W.U was called in to settle it, I was told to make sure I got to the union man before the boss took him out to lunch, unfortunately I was to late. I trust no one in power, I vote for the party or person who I think will be best for me and mine, as Scunner says, their all at it, it's a given that what ever improvements they make for me, they make for themselves times ten.
They may get my vote but they never get my trust.

Offline Eric

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2009, 15:43:34 PM »
mikeA, how right you are about Unions also.  Many years back I was elected as branch secretary.  When I attended my first regional meeting I was handed an expenses form to fill out in PENCIL!  I filled mine out in PEN.  I only claimed my petrol costs to attend the meeting which was £2.  At the end of the meeting the regional secretary gave me another form to fill out in PENCIL as I was told earlier and to claim £5.  I refused saying I only spent £2 and that is all I would claim and that all expenses should be filled out in PEN to avoid someone 'fiddling the expenses later'.  An argument then ensued where I was accused of being a trouble maker, but I stuck to my guns.  A few weeks later I was transferred to another department which already had its Union officials in place, what a coincidence!  especially as I had asked for that posting shortly before to be told there would be no vacancies for some time.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2009, 15:48:06 PM »
what is the point in voting for someone you don't trust? if you dont trust any of them don't vote for any of them or is there accepted levels of mis trust?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2009, 15:59:56 PM »
You can vote for someone you don't trust, but mistrust less than you do the alternatives  :)

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2009, 16:32:03 PM »
Tinx.
When I visit my mum I have two choices where to park my car, one is in the estate where there is a good chance I will lose my  hubcaps, or in the street where there is a good chance i'll lose the car. I choose to risk the hubcaps.

Offline geordieboy

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2009, 18:35:34 PM »
The lot of them have been first class passengers on the gravy train for years,and I think a lot of us,if we were totally honest with ourselves,and given half the chance, would be with them.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2009, 18:39:50 PM »
Is there anyone that thought it didn't go on, before it became the "big story"? It's a non-story.

Offline FrankStanley

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2009, 23:08:22 PM »
If belonging to The Best Club in Town means you have to be a hypocrite, thief and bully, Thank god I did not go in for politics.This is not a rehearsal or game

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2009, 10:14:24 AM »
They have shafted us for years.This is a rare chance for us to shaft them back.3 months ago Brown was fighting to stop the MPs expenses being published.Today he's "leading the way for reform",calling for all MPs to publish their expenses online.(Individual blame shifts the blame from him!).Iv'e been a lifelong Labour voter until Blair stood for his second term.By then i'd seen enough.I would'nt vote Tory or Liberal so at the last local and general elections I voted BNP. 1.As a Protest,and 2.They were the only party I could relate to over my concerns on uncontrolled immigration,nothing more.Todays political climate gives the chance for a complete overhaul of the political system.But,dont hold your breath!!!.On another note,I think voting should be compulsary.It cost our forefathers many deaths and hardships,to win the right to vote so it should not be squandered.If everyone voted,MPs would HAVE to listen.   :)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2009, 10:25:32 AM »
PS.On a lighter note,when my father(a labour voter)died I notified all the authorities of his passing.But at election times they kept sending him voting cards,which used to upset my mom.So I used to go and vote for him(labour)which used to cheer her up again,and me dad still had his say!!Problem yok!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf