Author Topic: thief on beach - beware  (Read 1889 times)

Offline sugarybaba

thief on beach - beware
« on: May 26, 2009, 15:34:19 PM »
I am posting this for my friend Pam who was sunbathing on the beach yesterday and had her bag stolen
She was on a sunbed and had tucked her bag underneath the bed but unfortunately dozed off for a while
Sadly, because she was going back to England that evening for a week, literally everything was in there - passport, LG mobile phone, sterling, driving licence,turkish lira, set of tarot cards etc etc ...
She knows that there will not be much chance of the money back but if anyone hears/heard sees/saw ANYTHING yesterday and it results in some stuff being returned it would be fantastic
She was near Bus Stop/Bambu  The bag is a purple "Kipling" one - very distinctive with a monkey toy attached to it !
Please if anyone gets any info at all about this let me know via my profile or contact Bilal (her partner)at the Shamrock Bar
Please also be vigilant when on the beach and do not take anything valuable or important with you
Needless to say that Pam was not able to go to the UK as planned

Offline sugarybaba

thief on beach - beware
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 15:40:29 PM »
me again - hit key before I finished !

So she now has the awful task of replacing all the stolen documents - not an easy job eh ?
Keep em peeled for her   Thanks Sue x

Offline karenr

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 16:58:45 PM »
Bless your friend....how awful....thank you to alerting us what has happened. We are lucky that this sort of behaviour is a minority and dosnt tarnish the wonderful folk of Turkey. However at the same time it reminds us that we must not become complacent when on holiday as undesirables lurk in every corner of the world. Thank you again and I hope it works out well for your friend...

Offline heatherhanum

thief on beach - beware
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 17:31:34 PM »
Oh god what an awful thing to happen. Im sure that the members will keep an eye out for the items stolen. We all need to be careful and it is the minority who can spoil someones beautiful experience. I hope things work out for her.
Heather

Offline dizzy dora

thief on beach - beware
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 20:09:18 PM »
thankyou for warning us, the crime rate is so low in Turkey, we are lulled into a false security buy we will now be aware ta sue

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
thief on beach - beware
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 21:44:54 PM »
thanks for posting,what a shame,i hope your friend gets her documents replaced ok
i for one will tie my bag to the sunlounger

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
thief on beach - beware
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 08:45:31 AM »
the crime rate is not low, as they the police don't always log/ record crimes so that has the effect of distorting the figures.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf