Author Topic: Fish Market  (Read 2553 times)

Offline gilli

Fish Market
« on: July 05, 2009, 23:51:08 PM »
Hi

Sorry, i have another question to ask ! I have been told that there is a fish market in the old part of Fethiye & that you can  buy a fish from the market & the restaurants surrounding the market will cook it & serve it fo you, is this true???

Also, if it's true is there any reknowned "iffy" ones [xx(] & good ones  :) or are they all ok to eat at? & is there a daily thing??

Can anybody clear this up for me please

:)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Fish Market
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 23:57:09 PM »
I think they are all ok but some have a reputation for loading prices for the extras, drinks etc. - although I haven't experienced any of that. We always go to Recep's place, top guy and superb food.

Oh and yes, you choose your fish and take it to them to cook. You don't have to, I like to take Recep to the fish and let him advise  :) Tell him the forum sent you  ;)

Offline gilli

Fish Market
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 00:02:15 AM »
Thanx for that, i just wanted to check before i made a plonker of myself asking them all  hee hee. I'll stick to receps place then if you go there & say it's superb.

Thanks again, this forum is fantastic. I think everywhere should have one that's as good & as friendly as this one :0) x

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Fish Market
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 00:25:58 AM »
My Turkish friends all seem to go to Recep too and that must mean something. Allowing them to advise on the fish is good for the obvious reason (I'd choose the most silver one or something :D ) but if you put your trust in them, you end up eating some of the strangest shaped or ugliest ones, ones you would never pick out in a million years - and they are very tasty indeed  :)

Offline normbosh

Fish Market
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 07:48:38 AM »
I agree with scunner we go to receps, when in the fish market,
we have tried most of the others, and some time's found it a bit  
dear for bear and the wine.

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
Fish Market
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 08:23:34 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by normbosh

I agree with scunner we go to receps, when in the fish market,
we have tried most of the others, and some time's found it a bit  
dear for bear and the wine.

Norm , I'm assuming you mean beer and not bear? The mind boggles at the thought of buying bear in the fish market!  ;)

Offline littlereddevil

Fish Market
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 08:42:20 AM »
Which one is Recep's please ?

Offline Linda

Fish Market
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 08:46:00 AM »
I recommend Oztuklu, which is located just inside the vegetable and spice market (ajoining the fish mkt).

It is a small family run restaurant with an excellant reputation. Rahim's sauces are to die for and Rukiye, his daughter, will look after you so well. You can go with her to choose your fish. They charge 4.50 TL pp to cook your fish and salad, sauces and delicious garlic or plain bread are all included in the price. they also have a full menu and non fish lovers can enjoy meat in a less 'fishy' environment.

I can guarantee that you would never be ripped off here  8)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Fish Market
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 08:56:51 AM »
I agree lovely family food great wont mention the toilets thats a different experience what a laugh we have had with them .

:D:D:D ;)

I recommend Oztuklu, which is located just inside the vegetable and spice market (ajoining the fish mkt).

It is a small family run restaurant with an excellant reputation. Rahim's sauces are to die for and Rukiye, his daughter, will look after you so well. You can go with her to choose your fish. They charge 4.50 TL pp to cook your fish and salad, sauces and delicious garlic or plain bread are all included in the price. they also have a full menu and non fish lovers can enjoy meat in a less 'fishy' environment.

I can guarantee that you would never be ripped off here  8)
[/quote]

Offline littlereddevil

Fish Market
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 09:34:19 AM »
Rukiye's is the only place we ever go to that's why I was wondering which one was Recep's, I presume it has a different name to Recep as I have looked before.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf