Author Topic: attempted abduction  (Read 14296 times)

Offline Johno

attempted abduction
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2009, 11:28:52 AM »
God, people getting flashed and groped etc, i'm now worried for my families safety coming to calis...

Offline kismetbar

attempted abduction
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2009, 11:34:12 AM »
I find the police to be pretty ineffective when dealing with 'ex-pat' complaints. There was a fight a couple of years ago in the park outside the bar between two turkish guys. When it was all over, one guy was laying there with his finger hanging off ... literally. We took him in the bar to clean it up and got him an ambulance. The next day we were visited by the police and told NOT to serve turkish people!?! So much for the good samaritan. I wouldn't have minded but it happened in the park!
We live less than a ten minute walk from the bar but we always get a taxi home at night. Sadly, it just isn't safe late at night ... anywhere, not just here.

Offline domus bey

attempted abduction
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2009, 11:44:33 AM »
the police are about as usefull as a chocolate fire guard here i got smashed in the face with an efes bottle 6 months ago and after 28 stitches the officer was more interested in getting the nurses phone number than taking my statement

Offline amanda bullock

attempted abduction
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2009, 12:33:36 PM »
this is really scary.it's on that same road again!!

Offline tamd

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2009, 13:24:57 PM »
Maybe someone there could report all these recent incidents to the governor of Mugla.  Apparently he wants to hear all complaints and concerns form tourists and residents alike.  On the Fethiye times web site is a number to ring.  Supposed to be a very good service with helpful english speaking people on the end of the phone.  Perhaps with his weight behind these sorts of complaints he really could gee up the local police to do something about these attacks on women in the area. As everyone else, I urge anyone who has been involved in any of these unsavoury incidents to contact the police ASAP  I love Calis and have already booked my holiday for next year ( still got a holiday to come in September this year!)but must admit that I am beginning to find all these reports very worrying.

Offline amanda bullock

attempted abduction
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2009, 13:47:22 PM »
if they don't do something it will get a bad reputation and the tourist industry will be hit very badly!

Offline Gavos999

attempted abduction
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2009, 16:27:00 PM »
Two weeks back after a late night game of football with my turkish friends  i got dropped off at Harman Hotel approx 3am  which is near where i stayed ..

As i was walking between streets at side of Harman i heard girls shouting "pervets" etc .. As i hurried up to see what the problem was,  3 Harman Hotel staff burst out of the back gate to these girls (two of them) and all i saw was a white, old looking  merc speeding off..[:(!]

Good on the Harman Staff  

Gav

Offline janincalis

attempted abduction
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2009, 16:47:43 PM »
Hi all
Sorry to hear this has happened again and i do feel sorry for whoever it happens too as it is very scary especially when you are on your own as i was. Just to inform everyone. I did call the police and they were very sorry and supportive they did and still do, but not as often i must say patrol the road. if it is the same car and guys then i really hope they get caught this time.
Please report things like this.

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
attempted abduction
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2009, 17:33:14 PM »
Lets hope the police catch them first,as some of my Turkish friends have said they will start looking out around this area now.

Ron

Offline amanda bullock

attempted abduction
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2009, 19:30:23 PM »
i think the bars and shops should perhaps do something themselves.It's their business that is going to suffer.Do they know about all this trouble?Somebody must know something or at least have an inkling!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf