Author Topic: Attempted Abductions, Flashers, Robberies - Action  (Read 24394 times)

Offline june

Attempted Abductions, Flashers, Robberies - Action
« Reply #140 on: August 16, 2009, 17:37:11 PM »
Liz, I don't quite understand why the 3/4 hero's that actually saw your friend snd stopped what potentially could have happened cannot identify this person???...I can understand that for your friend it all happened quickly and she was shocked etc, but surely these guys or your friend have got to be able to make a positive identification.

As for Caza and susie, Calis is a lovely lovely place with lots of great people so don't let it spoil your holiday...I came over in June on my own for the first time and met up with my son and his girlfriend but Gavos (my son and bodyguard) walked me home every night, there is no way I would have walked home by myself, in calis or in the UK late at night or in the early hours.

You will have a fab time, for the one bad one there are a dozen good ones...worth remembering. :)

Offline cazza

« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2009, 18:33:33 PM »
Thanks for the reassurance June.  I was in Calis for the first time in June, and fell in love with the place, and met some fantastic people over there, so the minority won't dampen my holiday spirit.  I only walked alone, along the seafront, as it was always so busy, but as soon as we ventured any further we pretty much stuck together as a group.  I was going to come to Calis completely on my own this time, but decided to do the group holiday again for that bit of security.  I am glad I did now.

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #142 on: August 16, 2009, 19:51:14 PM »
We have just spoken to Mete Ay (GMoon on this forum) who is part of the Calis Dernik (Hoteliers and Businesses Association for promotion of tourism in Calis) who is well aware and very concerned about this situation.  He has spent today with the Chief of Police in Fethiye and has been advised that the Police are taking this matter very seriously and a permanent motor cycle patrolman will be based at the dolphin roundabout crossroads and will patrol up to Gunlukbasi roundabout and along the 22m to the lights past Melissa market on a regular basis throughout the evening/night.

The matter is being taken very seriously by the authorities but at the end of the day everyone has to look out for their own safety as you would do if walking down any street in UK or anywhere  else in the world.  Just because Calis is a laid back resort does not mean that there are no chancers out there looking to prey on unsuspecting  vunerable people.

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2009, 20:18:12 PM »
Thanks for that information Chrissie.It is reassuring to know that there is concern about the recent events by the local authorities.A police presence should improve things, as you say we all have to be alert, obviously there are some undesirables in the area at the moment

Badger  :)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 20:19:20 PM by badger »

Offline susie-q

• The Original CBF Susie-q
« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2009, 21:15:43 PM »
June  - I know Calis fairly well I have been going there on and off for the last 6 years, which is why I think it is so sad that these things are happening to such a fantastic place. When I first went to Calis I felt safer there than I did in the UK! Its good to see that the Police are doing something, and I am sure with the commitment from them, the local people, and the great people on this site the perpetrators will be caught and punished accordingly.

Offline Howe

« Reply #145 on: August 18, 2009, 13:01:18 PM »
e/mail sent

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf