Author Topic: Tapu's Update Law  (Read 9863 times)

Offline Firo

Tapu's Update Law
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2009, 19:04:41 PM »
Does this affect villas as well?
We have living permission and our final tapu was issued after we recieved the living permission.We pay council tax and all utilities are in our name.
Kat mulkiyeti or Kat irtifaki do not appear on ours but in the box Niteligi it says "iki katli kargir bina"
Do we have to get anything altered?
Thanks
Fi

Offline june

Tapu's Update Law
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2009, 19:10:12 PM »
Thanks a lot Cenk, see you both in october.

Junex

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Tapu's Update Law
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2009, 06:32:21 AM »
Iki katli kagir bina.....means Two storey building built of brick or stone. :)

Offline bee

• Droylsden, Manchester, UK
Tapu's Update Law
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2009, 11:47:48 AM »
Hi all, our kat irtifaki box has dublexs mesken then under Arsa payi,it has 1/3 a cross in the kat mulkiyet box, we are on a small complex  1 of 3 villas, is this ok, ps we do not have our photos on the tapu is this ok, thanx Bee

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Tapu's Update Law
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2009, 13:50:06 PM »
In the UK we would get a reputable solicitor to do the work and over here should be the same. I know things seem a little more lax here but often they aren't it just appears to be.

At least here it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to employ a solicitor.

I can't make a personal recommendation but it seems others have and I would strongly recommend to anyone who is buying land or property to pay the relatively little extra to ensure the job is done properly.

It's not necessary to use the solicitor the estate agant recommends. You have the right to choose your own. If they speak good English unless you speak excellent Turkish that would be a good starting point.

Is there already a thread on the Forum where people can make recommendations based on their experience? This is assuming they can be sure a proper job was in fact done!!! Not always easy to know until it transpires it wasn't.

The Fethiye Times web site is often a good source of information.

www.fethiyetimes.com

Offline antonia1966

Tapu's Update Law
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2009, 18:58:22 PM »
Hi Nichola

How are you?  Business good I hope.  Can I have your recommendation for a solicitor please.  Jean needs one to sort her tapu out. Just incase she has no luck with getting hold of her solicitor.

Thanks. See you soon

Offline bee

• Droylsden, Manchester, UK
Tapu's Update Law
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2009, 09:20:59 AM »
just noticed, I posted a couple of questions on this topic, questions wer'nt answered and now kind find my posts at all, why would that be, and before anyone asks, yes they were valid questions.Bee

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Tapu's Update Law
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2009, 11:18:49 AM »
When we bought our place, nearly 8 years ago, we did so without the help of any solicitor, it was the way things were done at that time. After I received the Tapu, I got on the internet and found a law firm in Istanbul to ask them to do some checks on the Tapu and to translate it into English. It really does help your peace of mind to have an English translation of this document but it also cost me $220 for the privilege.

Reading this topic really brought home to me the way CBF can not only offer great help and advice but can save you a load of cash.  

Offline cenk

Tapu's Update Law
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2009, 11:31:37 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by bee

just noticed, I posted a couple of questions on this topic, questions wer'nt answered and now kind find my posts at all, why would that be, and before anyone asks, yes they were valid questions.Bee

Not having the the photos on deed is not a problem . Other details of your deed seems OK.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Tapu's Update Law
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2009, 11:33:02 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Firo

Does this affect villas as well?
We have living permission and our final tapu was issued after we recieved the living permission.We pay council tax and all utilities are in our name.
Kat mulkiyeti or Kat irtifaki do not appear on ours but in the box Niteligi it says "iki katli kargir bina"
Do we have to get anything altered?
Thanks
Fi

If it is one villa on one plot, Kat mulkiyeti or Kat irtifaki boxes do not appear.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf