Author Topic: Confused about smoking in Turkey  (Read 11358 times)

Offline Diverbaz 1

Confused about smoking in Turkey
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2009, 08:12:10 AM »

From what I can remember from the translation of the ban on another thread, you can smoke providing you can see the the sky unobstucted and are not surrounded by more than 50% wall (of any type).

Baz 8)

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009, 09:23:59 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by grahamturner09

£21 for five packs at dalaman airport. Any you find in shops is prob fake.

And if it's anything like what we bought in a shop in Hisaronu a few years ago, even the girlfriends daughter wouldn't smoke it, and she would smoke anything. Alan

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 12:18:56 PM »
Crazy rule that  about  sitting  outside anywhere or say at a bar or restaurant in a `covered` area, and being unable to smoke if you cant see the full perspective of the sky.mmmmmm So if I am sitting under a sun umbrella etc...which in the summer months all establishments will  have  sun shields of some description . All I will have to do is  move  my chair or seat just a couple of feet away from the table / sun umbrella and puff away on my cigar ,  its going to be a simple solution :-)with little inconvenience :-)

Offline brianthegardener

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2009, 17:45:32 PM »
I cant see what the problem is...its a  ban on smoking in bars /restaurants...if you want to smoke, and theres no problem with that, go outside.....saves you and bar/restaurant owner getting a fine...does it matter what the law says or is enforced in the UK...NO...your in Turkiye.....respect and enjoy your time here :D:D

Offline turkeytim

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2009, 23:17:59 PM »
It seems like the definition of what is INSIDE or OUTSIDE a bar is being debated for legal smoking.
The place to smoke legally is OUTSIDE ........this is not ON the area rented or owned by a bar.
All bars know to the last millimetre what is their own space.
If  a smoker wants to smoke,they should leave the premises temporarily,it is just like the UK.
The movement of the Sun  is not in the debate.Duh.

Offline hoops man

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2009, 15:35:45 PM »
ok ....i have  a bar....my understanding is if there is a covered roof you cant smoke there....even if the sides are open (which in my case they are).Thats straight from the belediye.Now you will find all bars now have no smoking signs up and in my case on the tables were my understanding of this law forbids you to smoke.Whats the problem?......jinky was correct.!!.....we are all adults.if you want to smoke just move a few tables and you can smoke.its simple.its law.

Offline cenk

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2009, 16:09:46 PM »
TV news are full of cigarette ban news nowadays . They show how council officers checks the bars, restaurants etc. . According to that
1- Smoking area must be an open area both around and top . Funny but, you can't smoke under an umberella according to this.
2- The smoking area and non smoking area must be seperated by a wall, glass etc.

Funny inventions comes to find a way to smoke in tea shops . One of them is, smokers are given 2 hosepipes both have one end outside of the building and they put the cigarette to outside end of one of the hosepipes . So, one hosepipe to get the smoke in and other one is to give the smoke out  :)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2009, 18:18:58 PM »
PMSL,Cenk.I like it.Hosepipes everywhere.Desperate times.

:D:D:D:D

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2009, 22:34:41 PM »
OK so there are many interpretations of the law even on this forum so perhaps someone can say what is actually happening in the bars?  Are they stopping people from smoking under the awnings, the parasols etc or just stopping it actually inside the bar/restaurant ie where there is a permanent roof and 3 walls?

Offline tiddly winks

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2009, 00:02:19 AM »
What I did on my first night was watch the barmen. Just see where they so have a fag and then you get the general idea of where is best to smoke.  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf