Author Topic: Easyjet Dalaman Check In Fiasco - The Reason..?  (Read 7358 times)

Offline littlereddevil

Easyjet Dalaman Check In Fiasco - The Reason..?
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 12:57:28 PM »
They're a laugh a minute aren't they.
My friend flew out from manchester 2 kilos over which she paid.
Coming back she had finished her toiletries, suncreams,coffee,coffeemate,2 books and had only bought 1 kids pair of shorts. Result was they said she was 2 kilos over ??? and she had to pay again. She couldn't possibly have been but how can you argue?

Offline minxer

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 16:29:13 PM »
W :o :ohen challenged at dalaman for being similarly overweight(luggage)!! i opened my suitcase and put 3 extra layers of clothes on and gifted the chek out girl a beach towel!! sooo annoying!!
seriously though,the point has to be made about the individuals weight? as scunner said kids usually weigh very little.
when you ask about luggage being slightly overweight on check in they insist that its airline policy for reasons of jet fuel consumption, and is a bid(so they say) to make people more green/aware about emissions etc.
on that premise should someone weighing double what i do in body weight pay extra? of course they should? then begs the question what is an acceptable weight for an adult? should very overwight people have to pay for 2 seats if they are spilling over in to your seat?
the reality is, its a scam as we all know to increase revenue for
 the airline. :o

Offline Pattimac

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 16:35:20 PM »
I wonder what they would do if you said you had no cash or cards of any sort to pay the excess

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 16:42:10 PM »
They wouldn't let you fly, the gits. They hold all the power.

Offline arrian

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2009, 05:51:23 AM »
sorry to appear dumb, but what does "SA" & "B" mean? i've figured out the "SB" obviously, but have never noticed the others on my tickets, so don't understand. thanks to whoever replies!!!

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 07:11:11 AM »
Safe Arrival and oops youre bu**ered:D

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 08:07:18 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by arrian

sorry to appear dumb, but what does "SA" & "B" mean? i've figured out the "SB" obviously, but have never noticed the others on my tickets, so don't understand. thanks to whoever replies!!!

Taken from a post made by gyr

SA Special assistance, wheelchair and families with children

SB Speedy Boarding, a paid 'upgrade' for priority boarding but not available at Dalaman.

Group A, the first 30 (?) people who checked in, but this also includes people who check in on line, so front of the queue does not mean you will be in group A.

Group B, the rest.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 11:36:36 AM »
Watched Airline last night where Easyjet had overbooked a flight by 14 people what a fiasco it was.
I think the only thing to do with Easyjet is to get to the airport at least 3 hours in advance, as they seem, as a matter of course to over book flights.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 11:37:20 AM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2009, 11:44:29 AM »
Since 99.9% of people book easyjet flights online, wouldn't it be easier to have a seat choosing option there? They can still keep their Speedy Boarding, then people who booked and printed off their seat numbers, then a much smaller scrummage at the end for those who didn't. They still wouldn't need to allocate seats at the desk.

They seem to think having no seat allocation means faster turnarounds, but the scenes at the boarding gates suggest otherwise.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2009, 12:13:44 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

I think the only thing to do with Easyjet is to get to the airport at least 3 hours in advance, as they seem, as a matter of course to over book flights.

Jacqui, even that is no guarantee :(. I posted ealier about friends who managed to get adjacent seats across the aisle and when all the seats were taken there were 4 passengers stood at the front of the plane with no seats :(. They had to disembark and presumably the flight was delayed for their baggage to be offloaded. I repeat, do the check in staff not know how many seats there are on the aircraft [?]
I watched it last night too, diabolical[:(!]

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf