Author Topic: Removed  (Read 23468 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Removed
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2009, 18:20:03 PM »
It's also interesting that nearly all the reported incidents have been in and around the old dolphin roundabout crossroads. That being the place where the taxis are. It's worth the fare to be seen home safely, surely.

Offline Pi55y

Removed
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2009, 19:53:42 PM »
In case you have not seen this post on the main assault thread, we have just spoken to Mete Ay (GMoon on this forum) who is part of the Calis Dernik (Hoteliers and Businesses Association for promotion of tourism in Calis) who is well aware and very concerned about this situation. He has spent today with the Chief of Police in Fethiye and has been advised that the Police are taking this matter very seriously and a permanent motor cycle patrolman will be based at the dolphin roundabout crossroads and will patrol up to Gunlukbasi roundabout and along the 22m to the lights past Melissa market on a regular basis throughout the evening/night.

The matter is being taken very seriously by the authorities but at the end of the day everyone has to look out for their own safety as you would do if walking down any street in UK or anywhere else in the world. Just because Calis is a laid back resort does not mean that there are no chancers out there looking to prey on unsuspecting vunerable people.

Offline spiritsofadventure

Removed
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2009, 20:31:55 PM »
Removed as it was over 1 year old and it gave an unfair perspective of the region.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 04:50:17 AM by spiritsofadventure »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Removed
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2009, 20:40:38 PM »
What is it you want Simon? The Calis Head of Tourism (whoever that might be) didn't assault anyone. The police arrived quickly but went away to look for suspicious looking people. Perhaps if they had arrived and stayed you would be posting today that they didn't even bother to go out and look for suspects!

Why do you criticise the police for not coming back? If you knew Turkey you would understand that people only 'come back' when they have something to report.

Good for you taking them out for a day trip, I hope they can enjoy that - but criticising no police activity has now turned to criticising the way the police address such reports, and if they read this forum I think they might also want to know exactly what it is you want. Will handing out free trips sort all this? Of course not - let the police do what they do.

Removed
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2009, 20:56:19 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

What is it you want Simon? The Calis Head of Tourism (whoever that might be) didn't assault anyone. The police arrived quickly but went away to look for suspicious looking people. Perhaps if they had arrived and stayed you would be posting today that they didn't even bother to go out and look for suspects!

Why do you criticise the police for not coming back? If you knew Turkey you would understand that people only 'come back' when they have something to report.

Good for you taking them out for a day trip, I hope they can enjoy that - but criticising no police activity has now turned to criticising the way the police address such reports, and if they read this forum I think they might also want to know exactly what it is you want. Will handing out free trips sort all this? Of course not - let the police do what they do.

I guess if I wasn't personally involved and I guess If I hadn't seen 3 terrified girls crying and frantic last night and one terrified mother with blood pouring from her legs then I would be more pragmatic and less emotional - Give it another month and I am sure I will adjust and become desensitized. I did say the "family are disappointed" that they have not heard anything because they did assume there would be feed back? I will tell them that they shouldn't expect any communication because this is how it is in Turkey? - Unless of course, there are developments?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Removed
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2009, 21:07:06 PM »
I guess as you are the man on the scene, it's down to you to decide just how negative you can make what I said sound. I'd tell them that just because they haven't heard anything it doesn't mean that nothing is being done. My experience is that people get on with the job in hand and don't go in for tea and biscuits calls. Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, maybe a free excursion with every attempted sexual assault is the way to go.

I don't apologise for anything I have said here, people called for police reaction and action, and now they have it, it isn't how they'd like it. Give them a break and let them get on with finding this filth.

Offline tiddly winks

Removed
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2009, 00:41:34 AM »
A lot more incidents seem to be occurring as more threads appear on here about sexual assault in the area.
This may seem stupid, but could pervs be watching this and then thinking that the places mentioned are the place to be?

Offline minxer

Removed
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2009, 01:14:09 AM »
did the police take statements simon?

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Removed
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2009, 09:01:25 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by tiddly winks

A lot more incidents seem to be occurring as more threads appear on here about sexual assault in the area.
This may seem stupid, but could pervs be watching this and then thinking that the places mentioned are the place to be?

I doubt it very much. Most of these attacks will be planned on the actual night in my opinion. Ladies/girls obviously on their own will be spotted and then followed until they are in a vulnerable position.

As in the UK - don't walk home on your own late at night ladies - take a taxi. Unfortunately after a few drinks in such a lovely place as Calis judgement can be clouded.

One further recomendation from me is when you ask the taxi driver for the destination tell him it's the apartment block next door or somewhere very close. We had some young girls staying at our place a few years back and some local lads who had been chatting them up waited for the taxi driver to return and asked him where he took them. The next day they turned up at the complex and to say the girls were annoyed is an understatement. They never used the same driver again (he was our recommended driver as well). Nothing happened but they felt a little uneasy that someone knew which house they were staying in. I think they were more worried about being burgled though.

Removed
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2009, 09:39:06 AM »
Removed as it was over 1 year old and it gave an unfair perspective of the region.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 04:50:50 AM by spiritsofadventure »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf