Author Topic: When a resident won't pay their fair share?  (Read 7170 times)

Offline SteveJ

When a resident won't pay their fair share?
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2009, 18:56:34 PM »
Perhaps I should point out that the exterior photographs were taken some time ago and bedroom in the roof now has an large private balcony. The garden is now much more mature with trees, flowering shrubs and a couple of  banana palms. There were two large bunches of bananas on one of them when I was there last week, that was until our neighbour helped himself to one of them!

Someone buy it please!

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2009, 19:04:03 PM »
Ooops - I've just realised that I've probably broken several rules by placing this free advert for a property here . Sorry Keith - totally unintentional I can assure you, I've removed the link.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 19:08:32 PM by SteveJ »

Offline patch

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2009, 07:40:52 AM »
can someone tell me if it costs the people who take the non payer to court ? i.e. is there any legal or court costs to pay or does the non payer have to pay all the costs ? thanks

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2009, 09:18:51 AM »
will the buyers be landed with any unpaid fees

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2009, 11:13:27 AM »
We also have a place on same complex as Liz, Lynne and Bev. Legal route is the only way to go, and, done right all costs would be paid by defaulter. Also buyer should not pick up costs as through this route the seller would have to clear ghier debts before they sell .

Liz/lynne, tell me if I am speaking rubbish...

Offline patch

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2009, 18:38:23 PM »
we are on a complex of 14 and 8 are owned by english people and 6 are owned by a turkish man ( 5 of which are unoccupied waiting to be sold ). The turkish man doesnt want to pay for 6 , he said he would pay for 3 , and now when the maintenance and utillity bills have arrived for the end of season , he is refusing to pay . The other owners are concerned that it may be cheaper to pay his bills rather than get a lawyer to start the legal proceedings . could this be the case ? has anyone been through this before ? we have had this trouble with the same person for the last 5 years. thanks

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2009, 06:19:41 AM »
The main thing is to have a Site Committee.  Once your "Decision Book" is notarised and legal, you are then a "legal complex" and outstanding debts are then placed onto the property which are deducted from the sale price if they sell.  With regard to charges for legal costs, say for example, you send a solicitors letter and they ignore it followed by another threatening court and they ignore it, and then a court summons, if they then pay up the day before court, you are stuck with the legal costs to date.  HOWEVER, get yourself a management plan stating the costs will be borne by a defaulter, and no letters will be sent just an immediate court visit, they are then liable and it can be proven to the court their liability.  Our solicitor devised the management plan which has been agreed and signed at our annual meeting.  

Our journey into the world of Turkish sites has been amazing.  What started as us Brits paying the whole lot with our fellow Turks laughing at us, has now moved totally forward to the vast majority of our Turkish friends wanting the same as we want and being against the non payers.......

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2009, 07:45:52 AM »
Well done Lynne.Inspiration.  :)

Offline patch

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2009, 17:32:04 PM »
we have set up a management team by using a lawyer and have been the notary , we also have a book with all the expenditures in , and this man tries to find fault with everything we do and then just says hes not paying . we are sick and fed up with it , sorry to moan but why cant everyone just pay their share .

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2009, 18:48:48 PM »
Patch, I could truly have wept during the last five years but you are doing the right thing.  Go back to your lawyer - see what they advise.  We have had to put a higher rate into the kitty in order to be able to do all this legal stuff.  Is your committee legal?  Do you have meetings?  Did he attend?  Did he agree all the decisions made?  Have you got a Management plan?  Take him to Court - if it is only one person, it is well worth it.  Get the debt stuck on his apartment - when and if they sell and a search is done, it comes up on the deeds.....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf