Author Topic: Rip off  (Read 16895 times)

Offline incir

Rip off
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2009, 17:00:22 PM »
We like it at Guvens too :)

Offline cheerful

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2009, 19:30:51 PM »
I have to agree. We love Guvens too. Everyone is really friendly and the food is good. I could spend ages watching the dog playing on the beach. He has never bothered us whilst eating. He sometimes wanders over sits down, I have never seen him beg.

Looking forward to seeing you all on Wednesday night if there are no delays of course.

Janet

Offline miaspyro

Rip off
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2009, 07:16:41 AM »
love this restaurant, is one if my favourites.  Everyone is welcome including my mut (who is on a lead at all time, except when he is swimming).  Have taken people there who say that there is something very special about it.  My grandson thinks it is one of the bested places in the world,and danni loves to play, but not if you got a ball. praise indeed from a 6yr old.

Offline steve marshall

• Hull, UK
Rip off
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2009, 11:16:30 AM »
rip off by definition means "cheat/swindle/copy/scam/a bad deal/deprive someone by deceit/to con/cheat etc...i cannot believe for one minute that carol or guvan or staff at guvens would be guilty of any of these...one of our favourite places to drink and eat.in my opinion ,a very harsh topic headline...city hull

Offline Lesley1970

Rip off
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2009, 11:47:34 AM »
Hear, hear! Well said Mr Marshall

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Rip off
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2009, 13:49:08 PM »
12 tl for the smallest prawn coctail ,i call it a rip off you call it what you like.

quote:
Originally posted by steve marshall

rip off by definition means "cheat/swindle/copy/scam/a bad deal/deprive someone by deceit/to con/cheat etc...i cannot believe for one minute that carol or guvan or staff at guvens would be guilty of any of these...one of our favourite places to drink and eat.in my opinion ,a very harsh topic headline...city hull

Offline steve marshall

• Hull, UK
Rip off
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2009, 14:45:59 PM »
12tl ?.you obviously read the menu ,saw the price,and still chose it...did it actually say "large prawn cocktail"  ?and was this your only complaint re the food and prices ?...if not,i stand by my opinion,that "rip off " is a harsh,damaging ,headline to a very good business...city hull

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Rip off
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2009, 15:09:49 PM »
He does have the right to his opinion, and if he feels 12 lira was excessive for the prawn cocktail he received (where on menus does it tell you the size you will receive?!) then he can post his feelings here.

Offline steve marshall

• Hull, UK
Rip off
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2009, 15:32:05 PM »
i agree with you scunner,lance does have the right to his opinion.my gripe is the way the topic headline was "rip off "...surely something along the line of maybe "poor starter",or "small prawn cocktail" would of been much fairer...rip off is a very strong way to describe one poor starter of i assume 3 courses x how many people???.this gives the impession on first reading ( to potential new customers ),as a place to avoid...which to most on the forum couldnt be further from the truth...again in my opinion,a lovely place,lovely hardworking owners and staff...city hull

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Rip off
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2009, 15:38:02 PM »
Well I agree with you too Steve, "Rip off" based on one starter is certainly a little strong. That said, as is often the case with CBF, balance is soon restored with replies telling a quite different story  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf