Author Topic: Road tax bill out of the blue  (Read 19929 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Road tax bill out of the blue
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2009, 11:31:24 AM »
It is important that people do actually believe that all property owners will pay (or at least have to pay, they may choose not to and rack up huge fines which eventually they will have to pay). To actually believe that non-nationals who own property in Turkey were targeted by the Belediye as a means to pay all the costs shows a worrying opinion of what is actually a council that has overseen a very impressive improvement of the area over recent years.

To think that the Turkish owners of property (in the specific case given valuing over £1,000,000) can be excused paying due to being poor is ludicrous. They will have to pay. No bills were sent out. Are your local council tax bills sent out? No you go along and find out how much you have to pay. Again I don't think it's ideal and I do think it should all be in the local paper and posted to each house but because that doesn't happen in Turkey doesn't mean there is something going on.

The Belediye would probably be shocked to hear of such thoughts. They would possibly point to the increase in values they achieved for property owners of all nationalities with the new roads, canalisation and progressing Fethiye promenade projects. What comes across is a total lack of belief in the local belediye and certainly total disrespect. I don't think they deserve anything even close to that.

Offline cenk

« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2009, 12:09:39 PM »
This road tax will be paid by owners, definately no matter which nationality they have. And area's being poor or rich doesn't matter either.
It is not being charged to deeds, it is being charged personaly to owners.

This is what I was told in council.

Offline janmack

« Reply #102 on: December 29, 2009, 12:25:47 PM »
I don't feel disrespect towards the council.  They've done great work...although I'd still prefer to have a block paved road. :)  

It is odd though that Cenk was told the tax had nothing to with your deeds (guess that means tapus?) when Phil and Fatih were told it was based on your tapu.  

In fact Phil had to phone me from the office to get details of our tapu as he hadn't brought it with him.  

This is the kind of thing that makes people think we're all being given conflicting/incorrect information and causes confusion.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #103 on: December 29, 2009, 13:19:24 PM »
What it means is the debt is personal, not a debt against the property. It comes from the deed value but is a personal tax.

Offline cenk

« Reply #104 on: December 29, 2009, 13:36:51 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

What it means is the debt is personal, not a debt against the property. It comes from the deed value but is a personal tax.

This is definately correct. No need for tapu, you can make the search by names in council.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 13:41:46 PM by cenk »

Offline janmack

« Reply #105 on: December 29, 2009, 14:51:39 PM »
Not going to get into any arguments.  

Fact is Phil had to phone me at home to get the value of the property from our tapu even though our details were on their computers.  

The official then worked out how much we had to pay, based on the value stated on the tapu.  He even gave Phil the paper with the calcualtion.  

Confused now.  Cenk, does this mean we can go in and get the bill for our neighbours, who are based in the UK, without producing their tapus?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #106 on: December 29, 2009, 15:11:14 PM »
Just to clarify - what we mean is that the debt is based on the deed value, and of course you need to know your tapu valuation for that, but it is a personal debt rather than a property debt...

Therefore, if you sell your house and haven't paid this, it does not become the responsibility of the people you sold to, you take the debt with you.

Offline cenk

« Reply #107 on: December 29, 2009, 15:20:10 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by janmack

Confused now.  Cenk, does this mean we can go in and get the bill for our neighbours, who are based in the UK, without producing their tapus?

I agree that it is confusing. You can learn the amount of debt of someone else.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 15:22:36 PM by cenk »

Offline janmack

« Reply #108 on: December 29, 2009, 15:20:48 PM »
Yes we understand all that Keith.  

Basically we have been asked by a number of owners on our complex, who live in the UK, to find out how much they owe.  

Phil and Fatih were advised tapus had to produced to establish this, so we have to wait for these owners to scan their tapus and send us copies.

Going by what Cenk was told, it sounds like this is not the case, which would be great as it would save us a lot of time...not to mention paper and ink!

Offline janmack

« Reply #109 on: December 29, 2009, 15:23:05 PM »
Sorry, Cenk beat me to it...he's already answered ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf