Author Topic: Road tax bill out of the blue  (Read 19941 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Road tax bill out of the blue
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2009, 14:47:35 PM »
With the Belediye ?

Offline scouser2swife

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2009, 14:58:05 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by KKOB

With the Belediye ?

No, on this forum. I'm not going anywhere near there until they sort these ludicrous charges out!: :)

Offline janmack

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2009, 15:16:38 PM »
Phil and our maintenance provider, Fatih Luk, (Park Property Services) went to the office today to ask about road tax.  
They were told it is a one off payment all property owners have to pay, not just owners on a complex.  
It is based on your property value as stated on your tapu.  If there is more than one name on the tapu you each have to pay.  
Bills will be sent out to all properties.  This could take some time!!  (He told Phil they'd reached 8000 and Lissa Park, where we live, is 36000 on the list.)  
If you pay the tax within one month you get a 25% discount.  You are fined 2% interest for each month of late payment.  
Probably the best thing for folk in the UK to do is send a copy of their tapu to a friend out here and ask them to find out how much you have to pay.
This being Turkey, no doubt other people will be told something completely different:(

Offline feznut

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2009, 15:48:17 PM »
by chance we both went to belediye, my wife works in fethiye and i went there without her knowing. (my wife is turk)

we got two figures for our tapu - 172 lira when my wife went and a whopping 944 lira when i enquired.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2009, 16:04:44 PM »
That is now getting very worrying!!!

AIso is it right across the town or just Calis?

Ian

Offline scouser2swife

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2009, 17:20:19 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

That is now getting very worrying!!!

AIso is it right across the town or just Calis?

Ian

Rindaloo, our neighbours friend paid his yesterday 595TL. We live near the Saturday market.

Offline scouser2swife

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2009, 17:23:36 PM »
Sorry I meant Ian....Must have had a blonde moment!!

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2009, 17:43:04 PM »
Well at least its nice to know it coming!!!!

Many thanks

Offline scouser2swife

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2009, 18:33:03 PM »
I think I will not enquire until I get a bill.If I am asked for the money when I go to pay my council tax (in May) I will ask for a written bill and tell them that I will pay if my solicitor says it's ok to do so. (as someone else suggested).There really does appear to be large discrepancies in the amount(s) of money being asked for. It has all the classic signs of 'trying it on to see if we can get away with it'.What is worrying me is the fact that we live in a street that is predominately occupied by Turks.On the whole of our street there are 10 apartments owned by Brits, the other 32 apartments are owned (or rented)by Turks.Our area is working class, so I really cannot see my Turkish neighbours being asked for 595TL like my British neighbour paid.It also begs the question of if you are renting a property who is responsible for paying this tax?
When is the belyedise going to wake up and realise that not every Brit (or foreigner) are rich, and that they are scaring people off from buying or living here?:([:(!]:-\

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2009, 19:06:58 PM »
Yes - I totally agree with everything you say.
We live in a Turkish area - and I know my neighbours would really struggle to find 500 YTL so you have to ask yourself - what is really going on???

It is a great pity as I don't have a problem with a fair system that applies to everyone - after all we have had a very easy deal with council tax for 5 years but like others I object to being had!

We will do as you have suggested - I will actually happily pay 300 YTL for a solictor to tell me I have to pay it and confirm that everyone else is paying the same as me on my road!

Ian

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf