Author Topic: Ladies-fancy a drive?  (Read 3814 times)

Offline Pompeylil

Ladies-fancy a drive?
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 07:34:22 AM »
Thank you for the reply Firo.  
We drive to Scotland frequently so are used to 7 hrs or so in the car.  I'm sure we can do it, as long as the girls don't ask are we there yet before we hit the Channel Tunnel!
Will do some thorough research and get prices etc.  Read on the forum that someone said it can be expensive, but then we pay for 4 seats on the plane to fly out.
Carol

Offline Firo

Ladies-fancy a drive?
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 08:49:09 AM »
It will take you over 7 hours to get to the border from Fethiye. It will take another 7 hours to get to Igoumenista in Greece. The Ferry is minimum 8 hours - 24 hours, then 2 days to get to the Ferry or Tunnel at Calais.
Make it a fun journey or you'll all probably not be speaking by the time you get here.  ;):(
Fi

Offline Pompeylil

Ladies-fancy a drive?
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 09:35:13 AM »
Thanks for that, might be a good idea if he and the girls drive and I go by air, so I can have the villa up and running and ready to receive them.  3 days of listening to McFly is not very appealing!  They have their I pods etc, but still seem to take charge of the CD player!!!

Carol

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
Ladies-fancy a drive?
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010, 09:38:13 AM »
it took me 12 hours of pretty non stop driving to get from calis to hotel Alexander which is around 50miles over the border into Greece. the trucks when the roads are wet come to a near stop on the hills and as you are steeering the car (uk right hand drive)wrong side to take every advantage to over take,also road works and ferry and customs will take their time. crossing Greece we started around 9.30am straight onto the best road in the area (new motor way paid for by EU don't get me started)when we did this their were no motorway services at all, and you will need fuel so watch out for small signs put up  by local garages just of motorway. we detoured to see the monasteries on the hills and a cave system which took us under ground for around a mile. Driven twice to Calis from uk and enjoyed the trips, making the trips part of the holiday,sights include Spa, porche museum, ferarri museum, zepplin museum,lake garda, venice,rimini,lake constance, etc do you own trip plan well make the trip part of your holiday not a race or a chore.round trip is around £2800ish depending on where you stop and your cars mpg including hotels takes around 5 days each way.you will need at least two ferries booked in advance.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 09:43:10 AM by c1 »

Offline Pompeylil

Ladies-fancy a drive?
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2010, 12:00:09 PM »
Thanks for that info too.  What seems like a good idea is fast becoming not so sure!
We have the school holidays to travel so will give it some serious thought and look into thoroughly, thanks for any info advice given. Always appreciated.
Carol

Offline micky mouse

Ladies-fancy a drive?
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2010, 14:00:23 PM »
Christ 3days what sort of car have you got one with a concorde engine in it,it took me and a friend in october last 5days and thats driving 14hours a day and the 2 ferries to get to ciflik,no way its not possible.

Offline NIG99999

Ladies-fancy a drive?
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2010, 16:12:49 PM »
Hi, I will be driving from UK to Fethiye soon, date not fixed yet.
I will be able to take up to 3 other people with me.
I will drive out through Bulgaria.
Anyone wanting to join me please email to nigel@fright1.com

I will also be driving back just a day or 2 later & will have space for 1 person.
I have done this journey many times so there will be no drama.

Offline scorcher

Ladies-fancy a drive?
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2010, 16:25:23 PM »
Crabbit - Email alert !

Offline Patty

• Poster
Ladies-fancy a drive?
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2010, 10:53:59 AM »
just wondering if this trip was ever done?

Patty

Offline Carpete

Ladies-fancy a drive?
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 19:32:23 PM »
Hi Patty,
sadly it wasn't...yet! The Big C ruined my plans but I am now on the road to recovery (is that a pun!) and will be back in Turkey in September courtesy of TC..... inshalla!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf