Author Topic: Dennis Davey, entertainer extraordinaire  (Read 16315 times)

Offline Julesp

Dennis Davey, entertainer extraordinaire
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2010, 22:36:23 PM »
:D:D:D

Offline pebbles1

« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2010, 10:51:29 AM »
hi all
me and me dad (denis davey) will be kicking off the summer season at the fantastic cafe soul on calis sea front on thursday evening 6th of may looking forward to seeing all are friends and new faces in the summer. (if anyone else is looking for our kind of entertainment we have a couple nights spare for the summer season)
Lisa davey x

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2010, 14:01:21 PM »
Hi Lisa. We had a good meal and night out at Cafe Soul Last night. Will deffo go again. Have e.mailed you. c.u soon. Anne x

Offline Phil

« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2010, 15:02:22 PM »
Some "live" entertainment can make all the difference to a night out - bring it on I say.

I am one of those who is totally incapable of singing a single note in tune and so don't
feel qualified to criticise the singing of any one who gets up and gives it a go in front of a
crowd. For me most of the enjoyment comes from soaking up the atmosphere. (and you
have to accept that Tom Jones is not going to be appearing in Calis)

The reason for my post (an this is not directed at any one in particular) is to suggest that if
you are going to play to an audience you should play to EVERYONE not just your own
table and friends.

I have seen so many amateurs who get up and then spend most of their performance
having little private running jokes and conversations on the microphone with their family
and mates on a few selected tables.

Saying  "Hello Norman - how's the headache this morning ?" half way through a
rendition of The Green,Green Grass of Home is hilarious if you know what Norman was
getting up to the night before, but not very funny if you have never met Norman. This sort
of thing is mildy funny once - but a whole evening of it is a big turn off and makes me
feel in some way that the performance is almost a private one.

In fact, I have noticed that performers who constantly indulge in this sort of thing
eventually just loose the interest of the rest of the audience. I saw one poor soul in a
restaurant in Calis (no names) who had crowds walking past him to go the loo while he
was singing and most of the audience just weren't watching or listening. Applause was no
more than a polite occassional ripple although the performance was half decent. His
family were having a great time tho' .

I think it was Cliff Richard who said that a successful performance is one when everyone
goes home feeling that they have been a part of the performance.

So please - keep on singing, keep on performing, keep on entertaining, but please make it
for everyone, connect to the whole audience, let everyone enjoy it, get everyone involved,
send everyone home happy. You'll probably sell more CD's if you do.

Offline crazydave

« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2010, 09:28:51 AM »
Heres something to brighten your day Denis or anyone else just click on the web address or copy and paste http://www.tagtele.com/v/11924   remember to keep your eyes on the audiance.

Offline Gary-O

« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2010, 20:15:03 PM »
Superb

Offline scot

• Ayr, Scotland, UK
« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2010, 22:45:18 PM »

Great one Woody, see you May.
Bruce

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2010, 10:21:05 AM »
Lisa. Have you received any of my e.mails? Need u urgently. xx

Offline crazydave

« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2010, 19:23:33 PM »
Well,My mate Denis has now hung up is microphone and decided to retire and gone home to the uk back to where he came from in Plymouth,have a good retirement you old bugger,and maybe now all the folks who moaned about you will miss you when theres no one here british singing,and who knows maybe when they walk into a bar you worked at and all theyve got is boom boom boom turkish music, they will wish you were here,pity they never gave you the respect you deserved when you were here,hope to see you in plymouth sometime june.

Offline busybee

« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2010, 14:25:54 PM »
Will miss Dennis sooooooooo much, I can honestly say he was was one of the nicest guys I have ever met.  Genuine and with a heart of gold.  I had the most fantastic birthday (as a few of you will remember) in Cafe Soul where Denis performed along with Woody. A true gentleman and I wish him a long and happy retirement.  Other singers may come along but no one will be able to replace him.:(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf