Author Topic: Moving possessions  (Read 6583 times)

Offline adorabubble

Moving possessions
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 14:07:58 PM »
Thanks for your replies everyone. I think we've decided to just take extra cases with us and put the beads etc. in them.

Not long now until we come over to find a house!

Lisa xx

Offline Chinook

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 14:37:58 PM »
As you are in UK you will have to get your power of attorney drawn up, translated into Turkish and notorised and then take it to the Turkish Consulate in London followed by the Foreign Office near Marble Arch to have it validated before sending to your agent in Turkey (I sent by DHL). When I did this the agent provided the form of words ( which I checked to ensure that they were specific) which I took to my solicitor.

You may find this site useful but its a bit legalise

[urlhttp://www.tbcci.org/power_of_attorney.php][/url]

Offline seavoyager35

Moving possessions
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2010, 22:31:55 PM »
ADVERTISEMENT deleted

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Moving possessions
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2010, 00:19:23 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by seavoyager35

If you didnt move yet to Turkey,I could provide you with the details of an excellent company that my close friends used 2 months ago.

Well this seems to me to be a very opportunist first post. Methinks it's a hidden (not very well) tout for business.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Moving possessions
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2010, 00:24:50 AM »
It is also not in the spirit of a public forum. If someone has details on any service they should post the details of the company. This reminds me of a few years back where we had a spate of posts from various people who knew a great person for transfers and if you emailed them they'd tell you who. They couldn't post who it was because they'd miss out on their cut!

I know the way it is on this forum Ken, I doubt it will be there long  ;)

Offline martinp2502

Moving possessions
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2010, 10:46:14 AM »
Thanks for the useful info on here. My wife and I are are planning to move over next year but are struggling to find info on importation of goods into Turkey. Does anyone have a link for tax rates on electrical goods eg TVs, computers and Hi Fi systems. As you can now buy a 50" plasma in the UK for less than £500 it may be worth paying the tax as an equivalent in Turkey is about £1200.

What a minefield.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf