Author Topic: Wills  (Read 3068 times)

Offline BM06

Wills
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2010, 18:44:51 PM »
Saoirse, you are 100% correct a will in Turkey is not worth the paper it is written on, Turkish law is Turkish law, and until that changes you have no say in where your assets go or to whom,how many Turkish people you know make a will? none there is no point, why do think the banks freeze accounts its the same in the case of savings, crazy but, that's Turkey.  LOL:-\

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
Wills
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 08:26:00 AM »
To anyone who would like to read the turkish law on succession and other items may I point you to a net site www.abc-consultancy.com. Reading various opinions and explanations on here cause more problems than they solve.Whilst you cannot get round some of the dictates of the law re fixed assets,you can with the banks by making wife or partner in a position where any monies can be removed rapidly by the remaining partner before  legalities take place.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Wills
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 08:26:24 AM »
So, who knows when the Turkish law will change? and what happens if it does and you don't have a Will in place?
O.K. we made a Turkish Will, it may not be "worth the paper it is written on" but I would rather have one than take the chance in years to come things will not change in Turkey.  I would like to think our children will inherit from us in the future and we do have something down in writing to that effect.   However, it's personal choice everyone must do what they are comfortable with.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Wills
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 08:39:56 AM »
I think several people have already learnt one simple lesson here. In the event of the death of a joint bank account holder, it's best for the the surviving account holder(s) to withdraw the funds BEFORE informing the bank of the death.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf