Author Topic: Ölüdeniz to get its first dolphinarium  (Read 36135 times)

Offline kaptainkrunchie

Ölüdeniz to get its first dolphinarium
« Reply #160 on: March 22, 2010, 15:04:52 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by saoirse

quote:
Originally posted by lizsouth

I will try to find out which of our local tour, and trip travel agents will actually be selling tickets for this cruelty,
No point asking Hamish Mc Turk, because he is one of the investors!!
Perhaps he could reply giving his reasons why!

Wont use him again

Not so quick.

Someone comes on, makes 3 posts and seems to know more than any of the locals? I have asked asked around a lot of Hisaronu locals and they don't know who has invested.

Could be a grudge, or could be true??

Best check out with Hamish McTurk first. If he is selling tickets then I will certainly boycott him - but only after I am satisfied it is true.

Offline peecee

« Reply #161 on: March 22, 2010, 17:00:41 PM »
IF it is true and he is one of the investors perhaps that's one of the roads to go down?  Find out who the investors are and contact them.  Make it be known that they will be boycotted, the reasons why, and we won't be shy in asking others to boycott?

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #162 on: March 22, 2010, 18:13:20 PM »
I agree with Peter and I am interested to know how accurate is the statement that Hamish McTurk is an investor in this project. We use Hamish McTurk during the summer for picking family up from the airport and also for taking them on trips.

If it is proven that he is a member then I will stop using him.  

« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 18:14:40 PM by Ovacikpeedoff »

Offline lizsouth

« Reply #163 on: March 22, 2010, 18:25:12 PM »
The information I have been given is that the foreign owner of Kas dolphinarium has been contacting local travel agencies wanting someone to help fund the project in return for a percentage of the profits.
This is why I have suggested that Hamish McTurk should be invited to give his response, I have learnt that he has agreed to be part invester, and has the contract for renting this area of land from the belediye
It was given permission because the belediye believes it to be good for tourism
I have visited the Kas dolphinarium and was truly appalled,the dolphins were seperated and imprisoned in very small rusty cages, They had bloodied noses where they obviously had been trying to escape through the wire, one was so stressed it remained pinned against the cage side, The other dolphin was shouted at and the owner constantly bew a whistle at it, the whole sight tortuous.
After the visit I wrote to everyone I could think of that might be able to secure their release,
The owner told me that they were not Turkish dolphins because it was forbidden to use them.These were impoterd chinese dolphins, which they were allowed to keep.
I believed this so called dolphinarium in Kas was to close but now they are simply moving them to an even worse enviroment,
Yes lets hear who is responsible!
I believe it to be Hamish Mc Turk, the russian man and the mayor!
let them admit or deny.

I have no axe to grind other than these creatures should not imprisoned, mal treated and exploited for entertainment,and profit

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #164 on: March 22, 2010, 20:08:07 PM »
I think confirmation is needed before we start to boycott Hamish McTurk.  It's very infair to ruin someones business reputation on heresay Liz.  Or do you have actual proof to show us?
I will be more than willing to boycott his company if the above statement proves to be true but until then proof positive is needed
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 20:46:27 PM by Anne »

Offline cheers

« Reply #165 on: March 22, 2010, 20:43:29 PM »
Have already said there have been so many fibs so much lack of information on this.
The Mayor just has to go public and be honest over this disgusting venture!  If the Turkish Ministry of Tourism, Turkish Agriculture and Village Association etc. see this as being good for the area and they agree with this venture then they should stand up and say so.  Then we would know exactly what to do next to get it stopped!!  Or is that the idea get it up and running before anyone can do anything about it!!
Does anyone know if the plans are on the wall in the Beldiye offices just the same as the ones for the new Tesco?

Offline cheers

« Reply #166 on: March 23, 2010, 11:34:46 AM »
Latest from the Fethiye News!

fethiyetimes.com/news/44-news/6109-hisaronu-:

Lets keep going and keep pushing the Dept of Agriculture and village affairs to get this decision but it looks as if the project will be finished!!!!

Offline kaptainkrunchie

« Reply #167 on: March 24, 2010, 15:51:26 PM »
We only need 20 more to sign up to reach 3,000 people against this Hole of Shame in Hisaronu.

If you haven't yet joined please visit the Facebook site and join us

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=358308272654&ref=mf

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #168 on: March 24, 2010, 16:45:56 PM »
and lets all email Hamish McTurk and refuse to do any further business with him if he proceeds to support the venture. I for one will certainly not use him for any trips in future....nor any other company that supports the dolphinarium.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #169 on: March 24, 2010, 17:22:10 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by kaptainkrunchie

Not so quick.

Someone comes on, makes 3 posts and seems to know more than any of the locals? I have asked asked around a lot of Hisaronu locals and they don't know who has invested.

Could be a grudge, or could be true??

8 topics equalling 1x intro and 7x anti-Hamish McTurk rants - it is quite clear at least to some members that something isn't quite right - but others once again are ready to believe anyone who arrives out of the blue with a lot to say and not much time for listening.

I have no axe to grind with Hamish McTurk either as I have never had any experience of them good or bad - but it is disappointing how quickly people join lynch mobs without waiting to hear any evidence at all.

Add to that the fact that 'liz' joined up twice on the same day, using two different email addresses, two different christian names and two different surnames - it appears she made herself a supporter in case she needed one - and I come to the only viable conclusion, and that is that I will wait to see who offers trips to this facility before condemning them.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf