Author Topic: Onur airways cancel all summer flights  (Read 6789 times)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Onur airways cancel all summer flights
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 13:00:51 PM »
We are on that flight as well - returning for another 11 weeks after 10 days at home!  8)

Offline Steve A

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2010, 11:57:37 AM »
"Onur airways cancel all summer flights" is the heading of this topic misleading/.scaremongering or is it just me ?

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2010, 12:12:38 PM »
A small voice in my head says 'I hope they do cancel my damn flight'. It's only a whisper though at the moment.

;)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 12:12:51 PM by stoop »

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2010, 12:40:12 PM »
well I hope not.  We fly out with them in July for three weeks and will be mortified if we have to go through the upheaval and cost of finding other suitable flights at this late date.   I emailed them yesterday - no news yet.

But yes, I agree the title of the thread had the desired effect on me !

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2010, 12:45:46 PM »
just received an email for H4U, who we booked with, saying that Onur have over subscribed, not enough aircraft to service the bookings !  So they are sourcing other airlines to service some of the Onur flights....fingers crossed, Wendy (H4U) say that all is well.......

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2010, 13:00:58 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by pookie

just received an email for H4U, who we booked with, saying that Onur have over subscribed, not enough aircraft to service the bookings !  So they are sourcing other airlines to service some of the Onur flights....fingers crossed, Wendy (H4U) say that all is well.......

That's more like it.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2010, 16:42:41 PM »
I have flights booked for May,Jne July and Sep but have had no word other than flight times changed in or favour on May and Sep

Offline blueclad

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2010, 18:30:49 PM »
Onur  Airline  is a Charter Airline which are  used by many smaller agents  E G,   A1 -- Airflights   and Companys like goldtrail,-- aegean flights/ holidays4u [ who are the same company] To name but a few.

it is my understanding from  reports  in the TTG  This week there are problems with Onur seat bookings,  hence a number of bookings are being transfered to new carriers,Whilst many remain with Onur.

Some of these carriers  are,  Corendon -- Pegasus H 9 code -- Saga SGX code -- And Skyline airlines H2 code  all are Turkish based  low cost carriers,.

Ron

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2010, 23:16:08 PM »
Our Fri 7th May flight from Manchester has been changed from Onur to Pegasus yet the return flight on Fri 21st is still with Onur. Conversely flight on Fri 2nd July is with Onur whilst my return on Monday 26th is with Pegasus.
We have been re-invoiced for each booking to confirm the changes and in the Important Info box it states that "Checked-in baggage is NOT included in your flight cost. You can add 15kg of checked-in hold baggage for just 6GBP per person each way". We were promised free baggage as we booked all flights before 1st July 2009. I have been in touch and just got a reply today from Kirsty at Aegean confirming that this still stands with apologies for any confusion.

Offline hydeaway

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2010, 12:57:04 PM »
Sorry Steve if it seemed i was scaremongering but at that time the lady at A1 could not give any firm answers on what Onur Air where up to. We also have fights booked in May and July with them and one has changed to SAGA and the other Viking Air. As a active member of the forum i wanted to inform you all so you could all act quickly to avoid what we had for my son and extra £60 each for all of them.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf