Author Topic: Beach  (Read 31257 times)

Offline philrose

Beach
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2010, 08:38:00 AM »
Thought I'd point out the TWO guys looking on, not four, were fishing off the beach and not working ;)

Offline farmer

Beach
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2010, 12:03:52 PM »
Keith
You don't really mean you did not recognise me?
farmer

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Beach
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2010, 12:15:25 PM »
Is that a work permit in your pocket or are you pleased to see me?

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
Beach
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2010, 14:31:39 PM »
I like other residents and visitors alike will thoroughly enjoy a rejuvenated calis beach after years of neglect.But I am a little puzzled.Who or what are the calis association.Is this a new iniative, or a residents commitee or something from the Beledye? I dont recall the creation of this association appearing before on Calis beach,could someone explain please.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Beach
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2010, 15:46:06 PM »
Who cares, as long as the result is a nice clean beach :D

Offline Pi55y

Beach
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2010, 16:10:56 PM »
The Calis Association or Calis Turizm ve Tanitma Dernegi is made up of hotel, restaurant and other business owners in Calis and has been around for many years.  Earlier this year there was a change in the Executive Committee and Mete Ay, owner of the Golden Moon hotel and Golden Moon Estates (gmoon on this forum) was elected as the new Chairman.  Mete and the new executive committee care very deeply about Calis and have some very good ideas to improve and beautify the town.

Mete and four other members of the association are part of the Calis Carnival Committee and if you look at any of the Calis Carnival posters/publicity material you will always see the Dernik logo (see below) on these alongside that of Fethiye Belediye and FETAV.

Offline Jenny1

Beach
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2010, 17:59:49 PM »
I for one am looking forward to a nice clean beach this year, I can honestly say, in all the years I have been visitng Calis, I have sat on the beach twice! I usually have a walk down to the sea in the afternoon for the sea breeze and a paddle!  8)

Offline farmer

Beach
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2010, 19:23:27 PM »
CaptainJohn.
It is the same organisation which, as argued for by Mete, reccomended that all Bars / Restaurants charge a minimum of 4 TL for a bottle of Efes, on the grounds that service and facilities in all these premises would improve as a result!
You may remember the original topic and the quite large response to that original post.

Having said that, I highly commend their efforts to clean up the Calis beach.
It is obvious that a lot of hard work has been done and I view the present state of the beach very much as a " work in progress "; and
look forward to our summer vistors enjoying their trip to the beach insread of just tolerating it.

Even if some bars are charging 4 TL for a bottle of Efes:D

farmer

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Beach
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2010, 19:37:19 PM »
Not again!

Now, there's a question - would you (not you farmer specifically!):

1. Pay a little extra (say 1 more lira per beer) to drink your Efes beside a well kept, neat beach

or

2. Prefer to keep beer prices, and beach, as they were.

I do appreciate that some members can't answer as there is no viable reply for them :D

Offline Jenny1

Beach
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2010, 19:52:32 PM »
I would definatley pay extra!
I know it's only shingly, but look how nice it is down at the Sat?
I spent a few days down there last year, had lunch and drinks, was slightly more expensive, but not extortionate?
Look how comfortable and clean the area is?  I lay on the comfy shaped sunloungers, then on the beanbags, then a hammock, heaven! 8)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 19:58:17 PM by Jenny1 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf