Author Topic: New Regulations on Private Dogs  (Read 10522 times)

Offline bronco

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2010, 19:16:11 PM »
great idea, but i live in the country and as well as dog jitter i can also step in cow,goat,sheep and horse jitter, as well as the rest of the rubbish thrown out.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
New Regulations on Private Dogs
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2010, 19:28:01 PM »
Obviously that's going to be one of the arguments about this new law. If dog owners are going to have to clear-up after their pets, are goat, sheep, chicken, cow, donkey, horse etc owners going to have to carry plastic bags to clear-up after them too?

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2010, 19:39:28 PM »
when did sheep, goats, chickens  etc start roaming the streets? nice to see everyone so positive on a subject that everyone feels so passionate about.

Offline busybee

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2010, 19:53:00 PM »
I think  its a positive step in the right direction.  I'm sure all British folk out here will abide by it and some responsible Turkish dog owners. Lets hope irresponsible dog owners who dont comply get prosecutued. It can only be for the good of the dogs.

Can you report someone who doesnt pick up their doggie do's?  Hope their not just gonna target the British like they do with no seat belts, no crash helmets etc.

Offline janmack

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2010, 21:52:37 PM »
We found a goat in our garden a couple of days ago when we got up!  We have also had people across the road from us (they've moved away now) whose chickens wandered freely on the road.

We do not really understand why private dog owners are being told to register their dog/s.  Can you please explain exactly why?  

Not saying we outrightly object however we are responsible dog owners, do not allow our dog to roam and have always cleaned up after our dogs.  

We've seen plenty of folk with plastic bags but they don't use them.  They just have them hanging from a pocket/hand like a fashion accessory.  

Don't get this new regulation or how it's going to be monitored/enforced.  

Do we have to provide DNA to prove it's not our dogs c***??:P

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2010, 22:45:20 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerman

when did sheep, goats, chickens  etc start roaming the streets?

I think you need to get out a bit more. ;)

Offline minimoo

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2010, 08:42:09 AM »
Are the tags the type attached to the dog's ear? I can see this is a good idea (maybe I am being optomistic, but hopefully it will prevent bar owners getting a cute new puppy, only to turf it out when it's not so cute anymore) but here is an idea, to combat the problem of owners not being able to get to the sanctuary, would it not be possible for the sanctuary to visit a certain area each day to complete the process? Obviously this would cost money, but I am sure most responsible dog owners would be happy to pay a certain amount for this to happen. As long as the visits were publicised well, most owners would make a real effort to attend.

Offline philrose

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2010, 08:46:55 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by minimoo

Are the tags the type attached to the dog's ear?

Since you are not required to take your dog, I hope not! :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2010, 08:55:07 AM »
That's why the owners have to go. They're gonna stick the tags in their ears.  ;):D ;)

Offline Old Daffodil

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2010, 09:10:52 AM »
Will this be a yearly registration.If your dog dies what happens to the tag and registration?

At the moment there are about ten chickens, a small herd of cows and seven goats walking up and down the road outside during the day where I am living.  :)Must admit the cows are useful for helping the rose bushes!!!:D

« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 09:12:06 AM by Daffodil »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf