Author Topic: new cafe  (Read 4224 times)

Offline Bluwise

new cafe
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2010, 20:30:49 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jenny1

Silly question?  :-\
What exactly is fish in halfbead? I love the halfbread, but is it fish in batter put into the bread?

Once we have Jenny's fish question sorted, then can you tell me what's half bread please??

Offline Jenny1

new cafe
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2010, 21:34:13 PM »
Lol Bluwise! I will try and explain halfbread  :)
If you can imagine a crusty bloomer loaf, (but a little flatter) cut across the width. Then sliced again, so you have a top and a bottom? Then your filling goes in the middle, that's my take on it anyway, no doubt someone else will describe it in more detail!
I'm not a bread lover, but Turkish bread is gorgeous! Can't wait to taste fish in it. :D

Offline Bluwise

new cafe
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2010, 22:46:09 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jenny1

Lol Bluwise! I will try and explain halfbread  :)
If you can imagine a crusty bloomer loaf, (but a little flatter) cut across the width. Then sliced again, so you have a top and a bottom? Then your filling goes in the middle, that's my take on it anyway, no doubt someone else will describe it in more detail!
I'm not a bread lover, but Turkish bread is gorgeous! Can't wait to taste fish in it. :D

Ha - thanks Jenny - simple as that hey?  I had visions of half bread/half something else - sounds like half a loaf is more apt!
Fish buttie not doing it for me I'm afraid but haven't tried it so won't knock it.
I agree the bread is really lovely.  We stock up on tomatoes, onions cucumber,cheese etc etc and make our own healthy breakfast in the sun most days but it wouldn't be the same on a slice of Mother's Pride would it!!
I noticed the lady who sells Pastie type thingies  near the Wooden Bridge was setting up just before we left in April - will give her our custom in June when we come back - not sure what they are called but they were lovely too.

Offline cheers

new cafe
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2010, 22:57:46 PM »
We always got a cheap meal from the 'Chippy' it was in our language 'half a vienna loaf filled with chips (We couldn't afford the fish!)  Seems the same thing only with fish in!  Do they put tons of salt and vinegar on it?  MMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Offline JayNL

new cafe
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 11:52:10 AM »
IIRC, half bread is really that... Half a bread!

Offline maximumtom

new cafe
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 11:01:13 AM »
I have had a fish in half bread and a spaghetti bolognese from Tracey's.
Good food, nice welcome, good prices. They are aiming to be mainly a fish and chip restaurant
although they do a few other things. I haven't had any chips yet - my treat for next week.

I was , however, asked if I was Lance.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf