Author Topic: When will be able to fly from UK again to Calis??  (Read 9367 times)

Offline valleyboy

When will be able to fly from UK again to Calis??
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2010, 10:45:10 AM »
In terms of the "long game" (if it should happen), how long can airline companies and travel companies sustain these kind of losses ?, and subsequently businesses at resorts, the domino effect could be quite frightening.

Just goes to show we ultimately have no control over Mother Nature, and just how "small" we are in the big scheme of things !!, was due to fly out tomorrow, but just been to BQ to buy paint for the house instead (how sad is that).

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2010, 11:43:56 AM »
Also due out tomorrow, but think I will give B&Q a miss.

Ironically today we will be scattering the ashes of the wifes dearly departed Mum.

Offline lulubell

• Pontypridd, South Wales, UK
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2010, 12:36:31 PM »
valellyboy, sorry to hear your unable to fly to turkey.  we hope to fly out on the 7th may,so keeping our fingers crossed.so  put down your paint brush and come down the bunch of grapes for a pint this afternoon,with a bunch of turkey lovers.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2010, 12:40:22 PM »
They expect a few of the airlines/travel companies to go bust if things carry on. Sorry state of affairs but they have no control over this at all.

Offline TimS

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2010, 13:40:12 PM »
mine's cancelled! :-((((((

I hate Sheryl Cole!

Offline valleyboy

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2010, 13:51:22 PM »
May do that Lulubell, thanks for the offer !

Offline emmy

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2010, 14:00:48 PM »
we are supposed to fly home back to UK on Thursday 22nd after a lovely 3 weeks,Easyjet have nothing on their websites, not even updates of any sort. We are one of the lucky ones..we have managed to get here before it all started, we have our own apartment so no costly outgoings, and family are looking after the beloved dog back home. Its those that cant get their hols which is such a shame. Dalaman Airport is giving nothing away so I guess we will just have to go there on Thursday and find out whats happening. Has any news given away anything at all as to it all?? I take it the volcanoe is still erupting the ash..asnd thats why we cant get any answers?? Our 11 yr old is desperate now to get back to her friends at school...

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2010, 14:10:04 PM »
I thought that nothing was taking off from UK,  obviously money speaks volumes,  Lear Jets and private aircraft have been flying overhead from Southampton or Bournemouth for the last few days.  What is going on?

Offline Fran

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2010, 15:24:41 PM »
I think that smaller planes fly at a lower altitude, and so can fly under the dust cloud.

Offline marina

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2010, 17:15:26 PM »
Just goes to show that something we all take for granted, like hopping on a plane 2 or 3 times a year if we're lucky, to visit our favourite places, can so easily be brought to a halt and cause so much havoc and distress.  

If it goes on much longer this will have serious implications for airlines, tour operaters and anyone involved in the tourist industry abroad.  

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf